Brake Situation Please help

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
: Good morning everyone. My 03 cobra went in the shop for the rear end leak and the pads on front and rear are just about shot So my questions are as follows:
1 Should I go with stock pads and what would be a good price for these.

2 Should I do a replacement pair and what would be the recommendations be.

3 I was always taught to cut the rotors at least one pass when doing new surface to new surface -also helps eliminat e the hard pedal. Manager says hed cut them for me and hes really on the money but he says ford says its not recommended.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, the cars going back together tommorow
Thanks. :shrug:

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
I just had my pads replaced about a month and a half ago, and I asked the mechanic if my rotors needed to be turned. He said they were perfect and he didn't see any reason at all to put them on a lathe. They had a little over 20k miles on them at that point. Car stops better now than it did with the factory pads.

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
Hawk thanks for the response. Did you put factory pads back on or after market?

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
I have Hawk pads front and back. Don't remember which ones off the top of my head, but they are a high performance one, and the car will stop on a dime and give you change back now. I do get a little bit of a sqweak from the brakes sometimes because of the compound that the pads are made of, but I'm willing to live with that to get the extra braking performance.

tito_146

Established Member
I have hawks front and back. I own an 01. Racing compound on the front and high performance street on the back. They are noisy, dusty, but they get the job done quick. It doesn't matter how many times you need the job done.

Users who are viewing this thread