Brakes Squealing at 1,000 miles.

HausCobra

Established Member
My brakes squeal every now and then when I am coming to s atop from about 45 mph into a light or stop sign. Does anyone else have this haoppen to their car?

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Folks...for the umpteenth time...ceramic brakes are known to squeek and squeel. Just get some fine grain sandpaper and scuff up the rotors. You may have to do this 2 or 3 times but it will stop the squeel.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I only have squeal once in a blue moon. The issue is that the brake dust isn't discharged properly. With slotted, I've found the it to be 110% better than stock rotors. BUT, the flipside is tons more break dust.

BO TY KLR

Established Member
My brakes made noise until about 4K mi. Haven't heard them in 6K. Give them some time to break in and set before you panic.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraKindaGuy
Folks...for the umpteenth time...ceramic brakes are known to squeek and squeel. Just get some fine grain sandpaper and scuff up the rotors. You may have to do this 2 or 3 times but it will stop the squeel.

Just FYI Cobras don't have ceramic brakes.

It's the aggressive pad materials that make them squeak. My Z06 pads do it, and my Cobra did it too.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Same here, every so often my squeal. Opened them up and took a look and no problems found! Good thing it happens only once in a while

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
I asked about this a while back.

I finally asked my mechanic and he made a good analogy:

its the same reason when you run your finger on a piece of glass that you get a squeel. u

My fathers M3 gets the same thing from time to time as well as my 04 cobra....it just has to do with having BIG discs up front. slotted or drilled should solve the problem to break up the seal.

MysticSN95

Established Member
Yes appling the brakes real hard a few times does make the feel and sound better. Heck After i wash my car then put it in the garage; the next week the car is stuck. I guess btwn the rust on the rotors and sitting all week it hangs.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove
Just FYI Cobras don't have ceramic brakes.

It's the aggressive pad materials that make them squeak. My Z06 pads do it, and my Cobra did it too.

I think you better check again... I talked to a Brembo technician at a trade show and the pads are indeed made of ceramic material. So don't even try to argue with me about it. Call Brembo direct and find out for yourself. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread