Brakes

usafimj

Established Member
What's everyone doing for brakes? I'm currently stationed in Germany and plan to stay here longer. Thinking of upgrading to the 2015+ 6 piston calipers to help slow down from high autobahn speeds. I already have 13-14 GT500 15" rotors when I had my 08 GT500 so I'll just have to buy calipers, pads, lines, and fluid. Then I can sell my 4 piston Brembo's for a few hundred bucks and almost break even.

Philcsag1

Established Member
I did this with 2018 ; 6 piston brembos, purchased all the parts form RockAuto.com
The flex brake lines need to be changed to 2013/2014 GT500 lines.
A small amount of material bust be removed from the calipers to allow the brake lines to line up with the banjo,

Philcsag1

Established Member
YJJV1501.JPG

usafimj

Established Member
I did this with 2018 ; 6 piston brembos, purchased all the parts form RockAuto.com
The flex brake lines need to be changed to 2013/2014 GT500 lines.
A small amount of material bust be removed from the calipers to allow the brake lines to line up with the banjo,

How do they feel? Any issues? How are they holding up to your type of driving? You know the usual questions haha.

Philcsag1

Established Member
Did the rear upgrade at the same time. 2 Track events one at WG the other at VIR , use DTC70 fronts and DTC60 on the rears. A definite improvement. For street driving you really cant tell the difference, but they do look great as the fill the wheel much nicer than the OEM size.

Philcsag1

Established Member
There kit for that allows the use of 2015 to 2020 GT350 (R)
was my #1 choice. The only reason I chose the 2018 PP 6 pistons was they fit under the 2 sets of 19 inch wheels I have. The GT350 Calipers required aftermarket wheels.

DrumReaper

Established Member
Good to note. That’s very important. After having had a GT350R though, I have a good friend who designed some componentry for the calipers that makes changing pads and hubs a cinch.
Does the PP package have floating discs?

Users who are viewing this thread