Brakes

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
wilwood stuff seems toyish compared to other companies. there's a reason why its 1/3 the price. 99% of wilwood stuff is more appropriate to be used as bLiNG, y0! on street rods. This is why the catalog listing says "street performance."

If you're talking Integra or GN calipers, thats a different story as those are actual racing parts.

Go with the 00R brembo kit if you're considering the Wilwood kit. Less money, better caliper, broader pad selection.

the stock brakes are fine for a street car. go with a softer pad if you want to just touch the pedal and stop on the street.

nightstalker865

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
wilwood stuff seems toyish compared to other companies. there's a reason why its 1/3 the price. 99% of wilwood stuff is more appropriate to be used as bLiNG, y0! on street rods. This is why the catalog listing says "street performance."

If you're talking Integra or GN calipers, thats a different story as those are actual racing parts.

Go with the 00R brembo kit if you're considering the Wilwood kit. Less money, better caliper, broader pad selection.

the stock brakes are fine for a street car. go with a softer pad if you want to just touch the pedal and stop on the street.

Very interesting I didn't know how they compared to others on the market. Thanks for the info.

alex46stang

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:

ShelbyGuy I have the the 00r brembo kit, and for some reason I have warped two sets of rotors in 10,000 miles. I had 30,000 miles on the stock brakes with zero warpage or vibration. I do not road race. Do you know of any other available pads available for the 00r kit? Thanks.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:

well, the stock brakes aren't fine for a street car, not if you drive it hard..

Todd TCE

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:

To an extent I'll agree.

But do some research and see what options are available before lumping all parts in one pile. You might want to take a second look at some of the newer parts in the offering.
http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/images/W6A.jpg

nightstalker865

Established Member
Silver2003Cobra said:
well, the stock brakes aren't fine for a street car, not if you drive it hard..

With a better pad and SS lines the factory PBR's can do wonders. I have run anything from stock pads to full out Carbotech XP12's in the stock calipers. The only reason I upgraded to the 00R kit is due to the fact that I am running a few open track events. If I were just doing autox and street driving I would have stuck with the factory calipers. They perform very well with a good pad.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
alex46stang said:
ShelbyGuy I have the the 00r brembo kit, and for some reason I have warped two sets of rotors in 10,000 miles. I had 30,000 miles on the stock brakes with zero warpage or vibration. I do not road race. Do you know of any other available pads available for the 00r kit? Thanks.
1. Did you torque the wheel lug nuts? Uneven tq can and will warp rotors. Whenever a shop pulls my wheels for any reason, as soon as I get home, I loosen then tq the lugs nuts correctly in a pattern to 100 lb/ft each.

2. Did you season the new rotors with used pads? Click on Baer Tech, then choose Braking 202...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread