Brakes

99 svtcobra

Sup guys,

I washed my car the other day after putting new power slot rotors and hawk pads. Now for some reason the rear brakes are sqeeking like crazy. Anytime i brake you can hear me from down the road. How do i fix this. I can get that anit squek shit but they never seem to work. Any help

Cobrafan

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Grease the guide pins and the ends of the pads where they rest in the brackets with synthetic caliper lube.

end of problem

99 svtcobra

Ok i have done this! this is really starting to piss me off. I used that crap you spray on the back of the pad and still no luck. I sanded down the pad a little. NO luck. I called tirerack to see if they would send some new ones. but i am a little worried this will happen again. They claim that my pad has been crystalized. Someone please help

cobrafan

99 svtcobra

no i dont beleive so... i usually let the car sit for a while before i wash it..

Quad- yes i followed the instructions that came with powerslot rotors.

This is why i am pissed off. Because i followed all the steps as your supposed to do and yet they are getting louder and louder everyday...

Last edited by a moderator:

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
hmm I would take everything down and re-do just to double check your best efforts

unlikely a rotor/pad issue. but it is possible.

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
Some people seem to have problems with hawk pads squeeling really bad. Hopefully the new set solve the problem...

BlueVenom01

Established Member
I just went through this man, so I can relate to your frustration.

Although I didn't have new rotors, rears were squealing like a stuck pig. I had to get my rotors resurfaced and decided to try on a fresh set of pads. Been about a month with no squeal. Maybe try and scuff your rotors a little bit with emory cloth or sandpaper very lightly in circular motions all the way around the rotor. Will help to give the pad a surface to "bite" on. I also put anti-seize on the backs of my pads instead of disc quiet. It never solved my problem before so I chose a different route for the new pads.

Rust was creeping up on the rotor surface from the hat and was causing the squeal I believe. It will be a matter of time before it starts happening again - the rust is starting to creep back up on the rotor surface. I will be getting zinc coated rotors next time around.

Hope this helps....

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
take some good grit sandpaper and knock down the pads and scuff up the rotors are rebed them.

I've had Hawk HPS's on 2 cars with no noise whatsoever.

99 svtcobra

Alright thanks all. the new hawk pads are coming in soon. I will let you all know what happens. Can i scuff up the powerslot rotors?

cobrafan

Last edited by a moderator:

CDADEUCE06

Established Member
I had the same thing with the rear. I had a shop install the rear pads and power slots. I have around 4000 miles then the right rear started to squeal. Took the pads off and scuffed them up but then realize there was no clips on ether pad. I installed the new clips and for now the noise is gone on. I have power slots all around but hawk hps in front and raybestos in the back. I'm going to order a set of the hawk HPS for the since this is what power slots recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread