Brand bandwagon

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Been noticing a lot lately of car "enthusiast" social media, 1320video, High Tech Corvette, ScorchTV, instigating flame wars in regard to brand loyalty. I've seen some pretty ignorant posts from both ends, but I'm even more amazed by the amount of people with their head so far up a particular brand's ass, they can't see anything else. These sites seem to be setting up this aggressive stupidity as clickbait.

For example, I wake up to see a nice picture of a C7 Z06, next to a Raptor of the same color. I look in the comments, and of course, I see inbred central hating away. Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/HighTechCorvettefans/photos/a.361204690586505.85552.136662409707402/987585197948448/?type=1&theater

Stuff like this is what annoys me severely about the present car scene. The lack of education on what each manufacturer brings to table. Hopefully you guys have noticed this plague as well.

Coiled03

Established Member
Good grief.....

People don't have the same opinions. Just because they don't like, or even respect, the same things you do doesn't mean they're "hating".

EDIT: You know what's even more played out than brand loyalty? Telling people they "have to respect" something. No....no, I don't.

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
Brand loyalty is a thing, i know im guilty of it.
For the past 15 years i've only worn adidas or DC shoes. I've owned 5 cars and they have all either been a Ford or Mazda. I only shop at Target or HEB... However, i think where people struggle is acknowledging other brands. Do i think Ford and/or mazda make the best cars? Yes i do. Does that automatically make everything else crap? No, its just not what i want.

Social media also makes it very easy to spout off an uneducated statement, and that goes one of two ways: people now quote it as fact because they saw someone say it, or people start getting fussy because you're wrong. People also like to blur the line between opinion and fact. I find its just worth ignoring for the most part.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Brand loyalty is a thing, i know im guilty of it.
For the past 15 years i've only worn adidas or DC shoes. I've owned 5 cars and they have all either been a Ford or Mazda. I only shop at Target or HEB... However, i think where people struggle is acknowledging other brands. Do i think Ford and/or mazda make the best cars? Yes i do. Does that automatically make everything else crap? No, its just not what i want.

Social media also makes it very easy to spout off an uneducated statement, and that goes one of two ways: people now quote it as fact because they saw someone say it, or people start getting fussy because you're wrong. People also like to blur the line between opinion and fact. I find its just worth ignoring for the most part.

That's what I see most of the time. We are all guilty of brand loyalty, but I do believe what irks me most, is people shooting down other brands, just because they prefer one. I've seen some completely ignorant posts coming from both the GM and Ford camps in regard to the motors. The LS swap reference is another widely used meme to start flame wars. I remember seeing one posted every day on 1320, for a week. :rollseyes The commentary was sad. Made that part of the car community look like a bunch of rabidly stupid teenagers(which most of them apparently were)

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
the people who blast other brands are the simple ignorant people of the car world, they truly have no clue what the differences are between anything and just go by what their dad or cool uncle drives

west08

Established Member
I have a buddy who is GM/ LS worshiper. He's told me on more than one occasion that I should LS swap my 01 Cobra. He has no idea the potential for the 4V DOHC and that it would be cheaper to swap in a LS to make power. With the money invested to put a stock LS anything in I could be way ahead using the 4V but he just basically says blah blah LS blah blah. He also says he wants something different but in the same sentence says he'll LS swap it...LS swap is no longer original no matter what it goes into IMO.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
I used to be brand loyal but the older I get the less I care. I just like cool cars now

Luckily, I feel the same way. I'm especially proud of what our homeboys are doing to represent American cars. Ford, GM, and Dodge, all have offerings that are annihilating foreign competition. I think it's a great time to be an enthusiast, especially if you have the $$$$$$$$$$

Blown 89

Established Member
The only brands I'm loyal to are the three that pay me and one brand that a friend owns and supplied my clothing for grappling tournaments. Other than that I'll go where the wind takes me. People who are rabidly brand or product loyal are losers whose lives are so worthless their clothes, electronics, or cars they drive are the only thing that defines them.

Last edited:

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I wish more people would be car enthusiasts instead of brand enthusiasts.... shit gets old real quick....

Voltwings

Established Member
^^ hard for half the people on this site to accept anything with less than 8 cylinders and a supercharger.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
^^ hard for half the people on this site to accept anything with less than 8 cylinders and a supercharger.

That week when the 2016 Ford GT was revealed really brought the idiots out of the woodwork. Hilarious part is, 99% of the people complaining about it's motor, can't even remotely afford the car. :lol1:

Last edited:

FIVEHOE

Established Member
That week when the 2016 Ford GT was revealed really brought the idiots out of the woodwork. Hilarious part is, 99% of the people complaining about it's motor, can't even remotely afford the car. :lol1:

I also got a good laugh at all the idiots who didn't like the car solely because it wasn't 8+ cylinders... Not like they could even afford the brakes on that car...

vortecd

Established Member
I was in a store and a little kid picked up a Dodge Challenger die cast car. Dad said "nope, we are a chevy household"

I myself will probably never own a GM product. Grew up with Mopars as my choice and got into Mustangs since there were no rear wheel drive Mopars in the mid '80's and I wanted something newer then a '70's car. I still prefer the old Mopars over others for older cars and will own more in the future. We do have a '13 Charger R/T

GM makes some good cars but there are other cars I would rather own

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Ya know, it's possible for people to be brand loyal through experience. I mean, I don't know many enthusiasts that profess loyalty to one brand if they've good luck with all of them. I'm loyal to Ford at this point because, as it relates to domestics, I've never had an ounce of luck with any other brand. I'm not going to continue throwing money at those brands, and continue getting shitty results.

Users who are viewing this thread