Brand New '03 Cobra in Shop for 17 Days

svt2003

Established Member
Buddy just bought an '03 Cobra from the North Bay Santa Cruz Lincoln/Ford/Mercury in Ca.. Check Engine light came on within the first 10 miles.The shop traced the problem and found that the wiring harness was pinched between the frame and tranny causing a short(so they say). They have had the car for (17) days today. Giving him the run around for the first two weeks, he finally called Dearborn and got a response that was satisfying, a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty at no cost. I would rather be driving though. You gotta b**** to get what should be coming to you. :gt: :beer:

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
That is such a bummer, 17 days without the car :eek: I had to drive mine for 5 days straight just to get some of the newness out of it :) The compensation doesn't sound bad, I am with you however, I would rather be driving.

:beer:

NastyWS6

Established Member
That sucks the dealer had the car for so long, but atleast he got the extended warranty out of it.

CaliCobra

Established Member
Hey, was that a silver car that he got from Bill? I almost got that one instead of my Sonic Blue just a few weeks ago.

Man, someone who has finally beat my record about getting their new car in the shop with the lest amount of miles. That would be freaky if its the same one. It was their only coupe at the time and the silver was just too plain for my taste...that would have just been my luck.

If you dont mind, could you give me a contact number for Dearborn. Or PM me with the contact info.

I need to give them a little piece of mind since they dented my roof at the factory and did a halfass spot in on the paint after they repaired it and now there is a big much darker spot coming thru the paint. I must have had the same guys doing the body that screwed up Rigamortis's car. And would love to tell them to try to put the windshield in right next time.

I'd really appreciate it, Thanks

Tell your friend good luck. If he thinks he has it bad, then tell him about my luck. Of my last three cars(in the last 6 months), all have ended up in the shop the first week with the following miles:

02 Z06 - 212 miles (GM bought 5 months later)
03 G35 - 40 miles (dealer took the car back for customer satisfaction due to failing clutch)
03 Cobra - 136 miles (current but off to an unsettling start)

I didnt count my 02 R1 since its 2 wheeled and was all dealer inflicted. They jammed my ignition cylinder during the PDI and then lost parts when they tryed to remove it. I got he parts sent to me under warranty and did the work myself.

Someone want to remind me again why new is supposedly better than used??

Friendchicken

Sorry to be off topic, but why do people throw out "lemon law" for problems originating with the dealer, not the auto manufacturer?

The dealer let the car "sit" while real paying work came through for 17 days. No tech wants to troubleshoot a wiring harness.

just a pet peeve.

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
This past Friday I was getting ready to go to work and when I got to my car and tried to unlock the door with my remote it didn't work. Then I got inside my car to only find the it wouldn't start.:bash: My car had barely 1300 miles on it and had to go on a flat bed to the dealer. The next day the dealer said they checked everything and it was okay. I know for a fact that I didn't leave anything on. Later Sat. night, I got in it and it did the same thing. Popped the hood and looked around and found the positive on the battery was loose. fixed it myself and haven't had a problem.

I had my car at the dealer a week before because I noticed a 2 bad spots on the hood that needed to be fixed and a spot on the fender and replaced two wheels.

TopRacer

Why Yellow...? BECAUSE!!
Established Member
I had the same exact problem and they fixed mine in a day... sorry to hear about the days without the COBRA...

Users who are viewing this thread