Brand new Viper wouldnt run me

Wild Bill

Established Member
Damm,its been a nice day out and lots of fast cars out today!Heres some of the cars I've seen already;metalic grey 03 vert,metalic red 03 vert,blue STI,a friends turbo RSX,97? yellow/black striped viper GTS,yellow RT 10 viper(ran him)and brand new 04 srt viper.The last one was about 20 min ago,and I thought this is my chance finnally.Last time I got next to one it was a father and son (son driving) so understandably he did'nt give me a run.This time it was a guy about in his mid 40s and a passenger.It was the red one with a paper plate.He turned on to stephane and I followed and caught up along side him.I dropped it down to second and hit it a little to see if he was game.I let off and when he caught up he yelled "not worth my time".He got in the turn lane for american pacific and I followed.I goyt next to him and was like dont worry this is'nt stock,it will be worth your time.He wouldnt do it and was turning into hotrod hill so I followed one more time.He stopped at a shop and I said I just wanted to see how fast the new ones are and I like them a lot.He said he could hear my "little blower" in there and I dont have enough for him.I said yours is stock and mines not.I said how much do you think I have,he said probably 460hp.I then told him I have 486rwhp or about 550 flywheel.He told me his has 512rwhp I didnt want to tell him thats flywheel power,and just told him I've run 11.8s in this altitude,and Im sure i can give him a much closer run than he thinks.I left it at that and he said if he sees me at the strip(track) he will give me a run.Im like ok thats cool,see you then.;-) Normally I wouldnt stalk someone like that,its just that he said I was'nt worth his time that got me going.I understand the cars brand new and he does'nt want to race it or maybe he is afraid to loose to a mustang.Maybe he does feel that nothing can touch him.All he had to say is I dont want to race or I dont street race.He was a nice enough guy though. I do think I would have had him by at least a car.I guess I'll have to find out later.:shrug:

FSSNK

Established Member
Same thing happened to a buddy of mine two weeks ago. All the Viper driver wanted to do is fly by after my friend tried to race from a roll. Come on if you pay 90,000 for a car at least dont PUSS out to a 35K car RUN IT !

magred

Established Member
You can call it Pussing out but maybe he didnt want to street race his car. And when you throw the $90k quote it only belittles yourself. He said he would race you at the track. ANd if he had wanted to, he could have bought 2 of your cars plus had money left over to modify them both. Do you have a Robin Hood complex or something thinking that because you bought a car and modded it to stay up with or beat a much more expensive stock car that your car is superior to his? Those who can afford a Viper do so and those who can't make excuses why their car is better than one. And another thing, you could learn something from the guy and that is to take it to the track.

florida03

Banned
Thats BS. The Viper ****** should of just said I dont street
race first instead of telling Bill hes not worth his time.
Bottom line I see this all the time especially with VETTE owners,
its called beind a pussy because they might find out the truth
how slow there car really is. Now thats a complex issue.

s o u n d

Established Member
I had a similair experience the other day with about a '97 or '98? Viper. I revved him up and ran past him a few times, but he just rolled his eyes at me. Then, of course, when I had given up he nails it off the next light. I hate it when people pull that stuff. I get that from Z06 vette owners a lot as well. I know I can beat those things but out of the dozens I see around here, I've only gotten one to run me. Gets kind of irritating.

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
Damn vette guys huh.. bunch of pussies worried that they have faster cars out there.

comon can you come up with something better than that.

I'm sure everyone who posted on this thread has a faster car than me and whats your point..

florida03

Banned
Originally posted by BayouVette
Damn vette guys huh.. bunch of pussies worried that they have faster cars out there.

comon can you come up with something better than that.

I'm sure everyone who posted on this thread has a faster car than me and whats your point..

Read before you talk outta your ass.
Ive had my car for almost 2 years and the biggest pussies
bar none are vette owners, always an excuse or some
BS. In 2 years 1 vette had the balls to go, you prob
dont whant to know the outcome but you figure it out.
I understand the Viper dident whant to run on the strreet
but he told Bill hes not worth his time first wich means
he was thinking about it but decided to degrade him instead.
So like I said, READ first.

Last edited:

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
Originally posted by magred
You can call it Pussing out but maybe he didnt want to street race his car. And when you throw the $90k quote it only belittles yourself. He said he would race you at the track. ANd if he had wanted to, he could have bought 2 of your cars plus had money left over to modify them both. Do you have a Robin Hood complex or something thinking that because you bought a car and modded it to stay up with or beat a much more expensive stock car that your car is superior to his? Those who can afford a Viper do so and those who can't make excuses why their car is better than one. And another thing, you could learn something from the guy and that is to take it to the track.

ROFL... The guy said it "wasn't worth his time".

We will find one to run Bill.

Wild Bill

Established Member
Its cool I can understand not wanting to run a brand new car,but I doubt he plans on running me at the track.I just took a little offense to the way he brushed me off as if my cars performance was beneath him.I did'nt even tell all that he said like "your going to have to spend a little more money to run with me"(as if a less expensive car can never match the performance no matter the mods).I could have had a KB in there pushing 700whp and in his mind I couldnt touch him.This just goes to show his ignorance.For the record you know I never said he pussed out.I do think he decided not to after I gave him a little demo.Another possibility is I showed my hand and he got the idea that he might loose then decided to play it off in front of his friend.

Z06Les

Established Member
Bill,

I can't blame someone with a brand new car not wanting to get on it hard, but his comments were out of line. I find most Viper owners to be more show than go, but agree that you should take it to the track. The Viper guy is a poser - let it go ....

As for the guy in Florida, it is not right, or fair, to call Vette owners pussies any more than Vette owners calling Cobra owners young punk's who can't afford a better car. Most Cobra owner's I have met, and most of the posts on this board, show we are all car guys, and show mutual respect - that is why I like this forum. Most Vette owners are "mature" and won't street race, I won't either. It doesn't make me a pussy - trust me on that. I am not afraid to race anyone at the track (win or lose), so if you ever get up to Georgia let me know, drag race, Auto-X or road race - name your poison. I know at least 10 Vette owners here in Atlanta who track their cars, and leave keyboard racing to others.

Peace.

Les

florida03

Banned
Les if I offended you in any way I apologize. Reason I flew
off the handle alittle was the 4th post on this thread, see
we can all be pricks every now and then. And as far as street
racing I am not gonna tell you I dont do it ,but do try to avoid
it.

Nik

Z06Les

Established Member
Nik,

You did not offend me at all, and even if you did this is a Cobra board so who am I to say?? I am no angel, I will do a "spirited" light to light kind of thing, but with 3 son's all driving ... you get my point I am sure.

And I was serious about racing if you ever get up to Georgia - racing keeps me young :) I also get invited to SVT events in the area, always have a good time - very hospitable group.

And yea, all car types have owners who can be a bit prickly from time to time, me as well. No big thing - thanks for the reply. I know the post you are talking about, and the writer clearly did not read the original post all the way through, so you had a point for sure.

BTW an SRT with a good driver bone stock is a high 11 second car, so you guys better have your "A" game when you do race one.

Les
02 Z06 383
[email protected] MPH on Drag Radials

Originally posted by florida03
Les if I offended you in any way I apologize. Reason I flew
off the handle alittle was the 4th post on this thread, see
we can all be pricks every now and then. And as far as street
racing I am not gonna tell you I dont do it ,but do try to avoid
it.

Nik

Last edited:

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
Originally posted by florida03
Read before you talk outta your ass.
Ive had my car for almost 2 years and the biggest pussies
bar none are vette owners, always an excuse or some
BS. In 2 years 1 vette had the balls to go, you prob
dont whant to know the outcome but you figure it out.
I understand the Viper dident whant to run on the strreet
but he told Bill hes not worth his time first wich means
he was thinking about it but decided to degrade him instead.
So like I said, READ first.

I'm just trying to defend myself and other vette owners that are not the "stereotypical vette owners".
We get labeled just like everyone else. We are guilty before proven innocent.

No need for bashing. Were on the same side...

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
And another thing, you could learn something from the guy and that is to take it to the track.
Viper guy station "Not worth my time" does not allude he doesn't street race or he would have said "not on the street"... The guy was being a prick... and oh yeah... non of us ever run on the street!

florida03

Banned
Originally posted by BayouVette
I'm just trying to defend myself and other vette owners that are not the "stereotypical vette owners".
We get labeled just like everyone else. We are guilty before proven innocent.

No need for bashing. Were on the same side...

Agreed.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread