Break in opinions

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
This motor went right from the engine room into the car then dyno'd. It put down 1463RW. Many big hp engine builders do the same thing like Pro-Line.

I'm sure that's the case... But I doubt those builds are getting 100,000 miles of street use. All of the track builds I did were pretty much straight to the dyno because all I cared about was getting the car ready for the race that was happening in 2 days... And I know I'm going to break or upgrade something long before mating surface tolerances became an issue. Shit... Valve float bit me in the ass after 1500 miles on my last track car. You just kind of expect stuff like that when you are running the car at 100% for a significant part of its life.

Street car that I wanted to last forever... that's a different story.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I'm sure that's the case... But I doubt those builds are getting 100,000 miles of street use. All of the track builds I did were pretty much straight to the dyno because all I cared about was getting the car ready for the race that was happening in 2 days... And I know I'm going to break or upgrade something long before mating surface tolerances became an issue. Shit... Valve float bit me in the ass after 1500 miles on my last track car. You just kind of expect stuff like that when you are running the car at 100% for a significant part of its life.

Street car that I wanted to last forever... that's a different story.
You are correct, cars like these that compete in the Outlaw Drag Race Series in X275/Ultra Street will refresh the motors after a season of races if they don't burn up before that, especially Nitrous combos with Big Kits I mean BIG...
With my Cobra the rings we seated from some street pulls, I drained the oil at 400 miles then again 800 more switching to synthetic.

Users who are viewing this thread