breaking news Ford GT advisories hit "lucky seven"

Big 8

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
I believe they went from concept to production in like 15 months to meet the 100 year anniversary. Thats like half the time normally required for adequate testing and design. They did a lot of computer modeling instead of standard physical testing on things like the engine and the frame. If you don't give yourself an adequate amount of time to work the "bugs" out, they will surface in the first few months of production.

Agreed pretty fast. However they didnt reinvent the rubber gasket or the seat belt in doing so. Both the gasket and the seat belts have nothing to do with the time frame as they were simply pre designed items inserted into the project.

I would say the control arms could be related but kudos to Ford for trying to put something new into play. Also the crankshaft is disturbing to some degree but hey who the hell am I to b!tch about it. I dont own one.... :banana:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Wow, look a that! Now that everyone is hyped up for this "2007 Ford Mustang Shelby Cobra SVT GT500" (take a deep breath...continue) we'll see what happens on those. This is a 100K+ car and having these problems already. I haven't seen one recall yet on the new ZO6! Boy, just wait until they drop the price of that GT500 motor to $40K for the "2007 Ford Mustang Shelby Cobra SVT GT500" (take another deep breath). Wonder what problems would arise then. :pop:

Users who are viewing this thread