Breakroom Do's and Don'ts (mostly Don'ts)

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
As my time in the workforce marches on and I work for different companies, one thing remains a constant and a necessity: Breakroom Etiquette.

Much to my offense, I continue to find adults who are exceptionally unreflective in how they handle themselves in a shared workplace environment. This thread will hopefully serve as a place to discuss the Do's and Don'ts of the workplace breakroom. I'll start....

1. Do NOT, under any circumstances, think for a second that it's OK to microwave your leftover sauerkraut from the night before in the breakroom.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
FAB5D400-F7D1-4441-9DD2-A1297132E9C1.jpeg

BittenInBama

Established Member
We have a lady from the Philippines on staff. Once a week she reheats something that smells like fish head soup. Cannot go in breakroom for an hour afterwards so, 100% agreed on the no reheat fish rule!!!!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
If finding the empty water jug on the cooler was a super power I'd be an Avenger.

Turns out people aren't big fans of microwaving broccoli.
The empty water jug is huge in my office. Actually, we have few lazy asses that seem to take the last of everything without making copies or refilling. Leaving the copy machine out of paper is another. Idiots. I’ll add one
more. Do you need to reheat something that smells so damn good that everyone is drooling.

TheOne™

Established Member
no heating up fish in microwave should be posted as a rule at every single break room.

at a prior office some woman would come up from the 3rd floor to mine (5th), would heat up some sort of fish that would stink up the whole f'ing floor. mind you my office area was at opposite end of the break room.

Users who are viewing this thread