Brembo Brake pad replacement...

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
My buddy told me that the price for replacement pads/rotors for the brembo kits is astronomical....

I tried searching but I can't find replacement pads/rotors. I tried Brembo.com but their site isn't working right now for some reason. I can't find any parts anywhere, other than the cheap knockoff replacements on ebay...

Any other suggestions on places to look?

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
as long as your not beating the car. the pads and rotors will last a long time. i wouldnt worry about it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
They'll probably become cheaper as more cars are produced. Aftermarket companies will start making cheaper replacements.

Mika

Established Member
When the STi came out for Subaru, dealers were wanting $350 or so for front pads(Brembo). Aftermarket companies were selling front pads for $200, making a killing, and people were happy. Parts will come down eventually, but even at MSRP of $210 it's not a bad price.

Oh, and rotors were over $400 EACH! :beer:

Mika

kingnut

Established Member
doesnt hawk or bendix make full carbon pads for the brembo setup? there both huge companies they should.

Corepuncher

Established Member
I don't get it...I paid 130 bucks total for front and rear pads for my 2011 GT500. What is this talk of 200+ just for fronts? Mine were 55.00 for front. Ceramic, Duralast CMAX Gold.

BlackMamba3

Established Member
Hawk has aftermarket pads for the Brembo's. I've seen alot of guys that own a Boss replace both their front and rear pads. For street use, look at the Hawk HPS pads. If you road race/autocross then look at the Hawk DTC 70's.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I don't get it...I paid 130 bucks total for front and rear pads for my 2011 GT500. What is this talk of 200+ just for fronts? Mine were 55.00 for front. Ceramic, Duralast CMAX Gold.

That's an off the shelf pad designed for street use. The pad used on teh brembo package car is a performance friction compound. I'm not sure which one, but its a more aggressive compound meant for street use and some tracking. It's going to be more expensive.

With that said, you should be able to find cheap pads for the setup at your local pepboys, autozone, o'reily etc.

When the time to replace comes I'll be going with a Hawk or Carbotech pad myself.

97GT12

Established Member
Sounds like what happened with the actual brembo brand pads for the 2000 Cobra R kit that I have on my '97. First replacement set was going to be expensive like 2-3 hundred. So I went hawk for considerably less. Tried a couple others through the years but the last time I ordered pads I got the real brembo ones from a ford racing parts dealer for less than $100. I think more like $80. It was cheap enough that I bought two sets. I expect we'll see the same curve with the brembo brake option.

Rotor wise $166 doesn't sound bad. I was paying $150 each for the slotted brembo rotors... that got old so the last time I just ordered brembo stock replacements for a later SN95 mustang cobra for about half that from tirerack. Took some research to find that they were the exact same dimensions. To find cheaper rotors for the '11+ brembo package might take the same path.

Users who are viewing this thread