Brembo package rotor and pad upgrade, what to get?

9TMAREEE

Established Member
Hey guys like the title says I'm looking to change up the rotors and pads on my 14 track pack with optional brembos. What would you all recommend? Just looking to firm up the pedal and have better feel overall. Its pretty much a street car but I do beat on it pretty hard in the twisties.

jn2

Established Member
If you want a firmer pedal you want to go with braided brake lines. If you want less dust then go with Duralast Gold C max brake pads from Autozone. If you do HPDE event then find a pad that suits your temperature needs.

Paul.

Established Member
^^^ Pretty much.

Unless you're doing HPDE, what your car came with is more than enough.

9TMAREEE

Established Member
So stock rotors with something like hawk hps pads should do the trick? Just looking for slightly better braking but not tryimg to break the bank

JDos1

Established Member
So stock rotors with something like hawk hps pads should do the trick? Just looking for slightly better braking but not tryimg to break the bank

I run that setup with braided lines. Excellent combo. Prepare for squealing though.

Google RotorPros.com Rich Cantillo is excellent and provides great customer service. Can get you anything you'd like and is exceptionally cheap. Quite a bit cheaper than the auto parts stores.

TSHOES

Established Member

Im running stoptech slotted rotors in the front and hawk pads and its been great so far

GBCoyote

Established Member
OEM rotors are fine. I also swapped to the Stoptech slotted front rotors that are cryo treated, just because I had to get new rotors anyways. I run Carbotech XP10 pads, lots of squeal, lots of stop though. Get some SS braided lines and Motul RBF 600 fluid and swap to a decent pad and you'll be fine.

ford20

Established Member
I would agree that stock rotors are going to be fine unless you want to up the flashy factor of the car. A good set of SS brake lines like the Vorshlag or the Goodridge lines would enough to firm up the pedal feel and if you want, you can stick with the stock pads. I am going to be grabbing a set of Pagid RS-29 for the front & the RS-59 for the rear as recommended by Pete from Track Day Solutions for a good overall street pad with some light track days mixed in. I have no idea how well they work/squeal/dust as I haven't ran a set yet, but i am looking forward to it as I know that Pagid makes some great compounds.

9TMAREEE

Established Member
Im running stoptech slotted rotors in the front and hawk pads and its been great so far

OEM rotors are fine. I also swapped to the Stoptech slotted front rotors that are cryo treated, just because I had to get new rotors anyways. I run Carbotech XP10 pads, lots of squeal, lots of stop though. Get some SS braided lines and Motul RBF 600 fluid and swap to a decent pad and you'll be fine.

Where did both you guys purchase your pads and rotors? I was looking for stop tech rotors on rockauto but not sure where to buy the pads

GBCoyote

Established Member
I bought my pads from Vorshlag at the time, they sell another brand now instead of Carbotech. Same pads, really, just a different name. I bought my rotors off of Summit I believe. This was years ago so I may have forgotten now.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I'm running slotted rotors and the Hawk HPS 5.0 pads and haven't had any issues so far. They don't squeal and they stop great.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Running Hawk HP+ pads which squeal from time to time (more track oriented pad, but with street-ability). Also use Motul 660 fluid, Goodridge stainless lines (goodridge is the same company that Brembo uses for their lines from what I've been told). Once you get those three things, pads, lines and fluid, you're looking good ;)

Users who are viewing this thread