* Bring Your Sunglasses! * Bling Pics *

Ginther

Established Member
I've spent the last couple weeks messing around with the truck.

I moved the battery from where the spare tire was back to where it originally goes under the hood. I know, I know..... Call me bass-ackwards..... but I didn't like the way it was setup for several reasons.

I also rewired the alternator and ground wires and everything with big heavy gauge wire to support my stereo system. I no longer have that annoying engine noise in the stereo I was unable to get rid of with the battery in the back. :shrug: So I'm happy with it now.

I bought THIS brushed aluminum billet battery tray off eBay.

It's a very nice piece. Very good work. But the brushed finish just did not go with the rest of my engine bay.

BrushedBatteryBox.gif

So I spent several hours sanding and polishing until I got it to a mirror finish. Those "brushed" scratches were a pain to get out. :coolman:

PolishedBatteryBox.gif

While I was polishing things, I decided to polish the e-fan shroud I built.

Before:

Fans005.gif

After:

FansPolished.gif

I also built an aluminum cover plate for the fuse box and polished it to match. And while I was at it I pulled the radiator overflow tank and intercooler tanks and gave them a touch up polish. :coolman:

Now I just have to figure out what to do about the firewall. All the expose screw holes look like crap compared to the rest of the bay. I thought about making some flat panels like the fuse box cover to cover the entire firewall all the way across, but worry it'll be TOO MUCH polished aluminum and look ricey. :shrug:

What ya'll think? :??:

PolishedEngineApril08.gif

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Very nice man..........Way to much up keep for me though ha ha. Keep up the good work!!

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
amazing engine bay ginther, I wish Ford tucked those wires away like on your truck. being to see the valve covers is a beautiful thing lol.

The e-fan shroud looks amazing as well. Detail deatil detail is what I say, nice work :thumbsup:

I agree with you saying that if you cover the firewall it would be a little too much. But it were my truck I'd find a way to plug them and paint it red again.

Last edited:

FordFanStan

Established Member
Looks badass :rockon: :coolman:. I think it would look great if you just filled the holes and painted it red again :shrug: Stan

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
looks damn nice... if I lived in the south I would do that but there is really no point up here.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
very nice! My engine bay is filthy...Ill go thru it and a week later its dirty all over again :(
it pisses me off as I spend about as much time steaming and simple greening my bay as I do washing the truck... :(
Very nice setup man!

Users who are viewing this thread