Brisk or NGK? Opinions?

trakit

Established Member
Going with a Vortech Kit and wondered what plugs are the most popular. I have heard bad things about Brisk but with no real evidence as to why they are no good?

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
I've had brisk plugs on my vortech car for the last year. No issues.
I'll probably switch to NGK soon just because of availability

5.0 Silverback

Established Member
On my VMP kit it came with Brisk plugs. Upon tuning there was apparently a suspected issue with the Brisk plugs. We swapped them out for NGK's. I don't have specifics on the reasons as I trust my tuner. But it sounded like a knock issue at higher RPM's on the brisk plugs. I also believe the brisk plugs come pre-gapped. VMP runs brisk plugs with no issues on their cars. It's more a personal preference I believe and what you/your tuner are comfortable with.

redline5.0

Established Member
On my VMP kit it came with Brisk plugs. Upon tuning there was apparently a suspected issue with the Brisk plugs. We swapped them out for NGK's. I don't have specifics on the reasons as I trust my tuner. But it sounded like a knock issue at higher RPM's on the brisk plugs. I also believe the brisk plugs come pre-gapped. VMP runs brisk plugs with no issues on their cars. It's more a personal preference I believe and what you/your tuner are comfortable with.

You were prolly getting spark blow out. I'm sure they will be fine on my n/a setup.

Users who are viewing this thread