Brisk Silver Racing Spark Plug (600hp+) BR-GR12-S or NGK TR7IX Iridium Spark Plugs

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Very well put, I will continue to run GR12S plugs in my built engine, unless Lund suggests I change them back to the BR7EF.
2011 gtcs how much power you putting out? If you dont mind me asking. BTW that is one badass shelby you got. Watched a few of your YouTube video's, very cool build you have.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
2011 gtcs how much power you putting out? If you dont mind me asking. BTW that is one badass shelby you got. Watched a few of your YouTube video's, very cool build you have.
Thanks man I appreciate it, the power goal is around 900whp on the street and occasionally I'll turn it up to 1,000. But I'm still on a 20 inch wheel so I'll be traction limited. A 850whp GT500 is plenty of fun on the street and I'll be able to rev it to 7,200 now.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks man I appreciate it, the power goal is around 900whp on the street and occasionally I'll turn it up to 1,000. But I'm still on a 20 inch wheel so I'll be traction limited. A 850whp GT500 is plenty of fun on the street and I'll be able to rev it to 7,200 now.
Wow....power options are good problem to have, 850rwhp in a gt500 is plenty and more than enough for some street racing fun. Anything beyond that on radial's is plain crazy. I'm at around 800 rwhp and even with the widebody and some big ass radials on the back it still hard to put all that power to ground with radials. Tire options are not good with that package and minimal. I'm good with what I have I just want to optimize it the most I can with the existing super snake option I have. Only other thing right now it's going back to shelby for the antihop upgrade and some very rare option parts I picked up. Holeshot package still debating or possible the 1000hp package. It's just a street and show car right now anyways but one thing for sure this bitch will be no garage or trailer queen....lol

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow....power options are good problem to have, 850rwhp in a gt500 is plenty and more than enough for some street racing fun. Anything beyond that on radial's is plain crazy. I'm at around 800 rwhp and even with the widebody and some big ass radials on the back it still hard to put all that power to ground with radials. Tire options are not good with that package and minimal. I'm good with what I have I just want to optimize it the most I can with the existing super snake option I have. Only other thing right now it's going back to shelby for the antihop upgrade and some very rare option parts I picked up. Holeshot package still debating or possible the 1000hp package. It's just a street and show car right now anyways but one thing for sure this bitch will be no garage or trailer queen....lol
For some reason I didn't know you owned a super snake, post up some pictures. And me personally I'd go for the Holeshot package, you get pretty much everything you could want and make 850+whp on pump gas. As for tires I'm running the 305/35R20 MT SS tires, they're decent for traction, the 315 NT05Rs are a good choice as well, and don't run the R888Rs.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
For some reason I didn't know you owned a super snake, post up some pictures. And me personally I'd go for the Holeshot package, you get pretty much everything you could want and make 850+whp on pump gas. As for tires I'm running the 305/35R20 MT SS tires, they're decent for traction, the 315 NT05Rs are a good choice as well, and don't run the R888Rs.
Those are some good drag radials....nice selection! Holeshot package would most likely case scenario for me .....agree. But those rods at that power level concerns me. Even shelby sales agreed with me. It's a 2013 shelby super snake CSM13SS0008 car. Pics are here if you want to see them

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Those are some good drag radials....nice selection! Holeshot package would most likely case scenario for me .....agree. But those rods at that power level concerns me. Even shelby sales agreed with me. It's a 2013 shelby super snake CSM13SS0008 car. Pics are here if you want to see them

Yup, that's exactly why I built the engine, but the few Holeshot package super snakes I've seen hold up good with no issues, but that doesn't mean something won't happen. If you have the money you might as well go for the 1000hp package and have the engine built.

One of the Holeshot super snake guys I talk with on Facebook seems to be happy with the setup.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210918-153532_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210918-153532_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Yup, that's exactly why I built the engine, but the few Holeshot package super snakes I've seen hold up good with no issues, but that doesn't mean something won't happen. If you have the money you might as well go for the 1000hp package and have the engine built.

One of the Holeshot super snake guys I talk with on Facebook seems to be happy with the setup.
I've never heard of anyone who has the holeshot package blow a motor but with that package your pushing that stock bottom out to its max....one or two over revs with those rods and thin cylinder walls.....scares me. The holeshot package is 33k. 33k to gain just another 100-125 horsepower just dont mathematically make sense to me!The 1000hp package makes more sense having the motor built and a complete upgraded race suspension and driveline to support that 1300hp 1100rwhp build....but it sure ain't cheap 76k. Right now the car is 50 state legal, EPA Compliant w/ E.O Tune from kenne bell. I'm not sure I want to give that up right now. Decisions....decisions.

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who chimed in on this thread and shared there opinions and experiences. They were all taken into consideration! There is alot you can learn from fellow car enthusiast if your just willing the have an open mind. So with that being said........the winning spark plug that i will be using is........Brisk Racing BR-GR10-S. This plug is (2) steps colder than the stock oem 13-14 shelby Gt500 plugs per Brisk Racing and was recommended by them per my current setup. I will come back with some feed back when i get them installed and do some testing.

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
So, im still waiting for my Brisk Racing BR-GR10-S to arrive from summit racing. Im gonna run a COP test with Ford IDS to check for any weak coils and if needed replace. Im also planning to To do a Power balance test and misfire test with Ford IDS on the existing spark plugs before I change them. Than run the same test with the Brisk Racing BR-GR10-S in stalled and compare the differences, if any. My reason is some how whomever owned this shelby before me had the factory plugs installed. They should be at minimum 1 step colder with the current setup per KB/shelby. Im thinking these were to hot and robbing me of some power. We will see. The numbers dont lie.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
So im still waiting for my Brisk Racing BR-GR10-S to arrive from summit racing. Im gonna run a COP test with Ford IDS to check for any weak coils and if needed replace. Im also planning to To do a Power balance test and misfire test with Ford IDS on the existing spark plugs before I change them. Than run the same test with the Brisk Racing BR-GR10-S in stalled and compare the differences, if any.
That's awesome you have that tool, great way to make sure the engine is always healthy.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
That's awesome you have that tool, great way to make sure the engine is always healthy.
Yea Stephen its an awesome tool from a maintenance perspective and making diagnostic repairs. Hands down the best tool for repairing all ford vehicles. You can keep dated logs and refer back to them to see if changes are occuring as well. Its truly a headache saver!!!!

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Two of the best spark plug options for your 2013-2014 Shelby GT500'S

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Finally got my brisk racing BR-GR-10S and new set of ford performance coils. Going to get these installed hopefully soon and get some real live data testing with ford IDS before/after changing from stock spark plugs and new set of coils.
Brisk Racing BR-GR-10S.jpg

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm interested to see how you like them.
I think it's going to be interesting how my car and the current tune likes them! From what I understand the real gains you can get from these plugs should be tuned around your current setup. Although, they should work with no issues with my current setup! I'm hoping to squeak out some gains in my acceleration and horsepower. We will see! I know for a fact what I was currently running was holding back some performance gains for sure. Got alot data to compare and the Ford IDS Testing will reveal any gains or setbacks. I'll post as soon as I get all the data done and recorded. Time is my only big problem!!

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Its been nearly 2 years since I installed the brisk racing BR-GR-10S (2 Step Colder Plug) 93 Sunoco pump gas, gapped @ 0.025". She is running strong, extremely responsive,no knock and perfect idle. I couldnt be happier with the results and performance gains, thanks to a great Brisk product. Big thanks too @2011 gtcs for the recommendation! My Last data log of 2023........

Data Log SS.jpg

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I haven’t read knock in a while :)
I still have a set of Brisk plugs to try glad they’re working out Vinnie.
-J

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I haven’t read knock in a while :)
I still have a set of Brisk plugs to try glad they’re working out Vinnie.
-J
I've heard that KB tunes were prone to knock. Since I made the changes I just wanted to log any changes or any knock issues due to the changes....Knock scares me....lol. I really thought I would have some issues going 2 steps cooler but the longer there in and the adaptive learning goes on she is fine tuning and running great! Hope all is well brother!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Its been nearly 2 years since I installed the brisk racing BR-GR-10S (2 Step Colder Plug) 93 Sunoco pump gas, gapped @ 0.025". She is running strong, extremely responsive,no knock and perfect idle. I couldnt be happier with the results and performance gains, thanks to a great Brisk product. Big thanks too @2011 gtcs for the recommendation! My Last data log of 2023........

View attachment 1810928
Good hear they're still working great, the 5.8s definitely like the colder plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread