Bristol FFW was excellent !!!

SNKBITE

Established Member
For those here that I met in Bristol, it was nice doing so. For those here that thought about going and didn't, SHAME ON YOU !!!
Bristol was beyond words in both the facility, and the smoothness of the event. It was definately worth the 8 hour drive to get there.
I only made it through 2 rounds of eliminations each day, but had a ball. And if I had not missed 3rd gear I would have gone on to the next round Sunday. I normally hate 1/8 mile, but the Quick Ford and Fast Ford classes both ran the 1/8 mile format with a Pro tree, and I must admit it was a delightful experience. Had a couple of .033 lights in eliminations.
I will definately return to the FFW event there next year, and suggest that you should too.

jeffsvt

Established Member
I had a great time as well ! It was also nice meeting and talking with you as well ! I've got some great pics of your car taking off from the line , you can even see the ETs wrinkle in the pics .

I ended up winning the True Street 13sec money . My 3 runs were 12.69 @ 111 , 12.75 @ 111 and 13.66 @ 95mph due to my crappy shifting for a 13.03 average . But hey it all worked out and I walked away with some money !

I also managed to get a new best out of the car while taking some time trial runs .

1st: 60ft 1.81
1/8th 7.83 @ 90mph
1/4 12.14 @ 113mph on ET Streets with a slipping clutch

2nd: 60ft 1.864
1/8th 7.84 @ 92mph
1/4 12.126 @ 116mph on my Nitto drag radials

Last edited:

jeffsvt

Established Member
Here are some pictures for anyone interested .

SNKBITE.jpg

SNKBITE3.jpg

KBcobra.jpg

TSCruise.jpg

TSCobra.jpg

realfst.jpg

mm.jpg

Mike2.jpg

SNKBITE

Established Member
Thanks for the pics Jeff. Not bad tire action considering the clutch was slipping big time. It was great meeting you. CONGRATULATIONS on winning the $$$.
You can bet I will be there again next year. What a truly beautiful facility. And the town of Bristol and its surrounding area are about as clean as any town I have ever seen. I could live there very easily. But since Ford dosen't have a plant there for me to work at I will have to stay where I am.
Hope to see more from this board there next year.

Last edited:

jeffsvt

Established Member
Thanks man !

And I agree with you 100% about Bristol it is a very nice track and town ! The weather was awesome this weekend which made being there all the more enjoyable . I'll be there next year you better believe it !

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member
SNKBITE,
Did you get your car retuned as you had planned? If so, any results to share

SNKBITE

Established Member
BlackMachOne I did not change anything while in Bristol.
Out of the 14 passes I made over the weekend, all were within .040 of each other, so I figured why mess with it?
I do have some major changes that will occur this Fall. I will
keep you posted.
Right now I need a clutch....

02_Lightning

Established Member
SNKBITE's car looks awesome in those shots. I really enjoyed my time down at Bristol.... it was a great event aside form the 4-wheeler accident, and somebody sabatoging the trailers:bash:

I was running my true blue 2002 Lightning, and ran pretty well with it... the times it ran surprised me as that is what it had turned here at home... which is much less elevation!

I'll be back next year!!

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member
Originally posted by SNKBITE
BlackMachOne I did not change anything while in Bristol.
Out of the 14 passes I made over the weekend, all were within .040 of each other, so I figured why mess with it?
I do have some major changes that will occur this Fall. I will
keep you posted.
Right now I need a clutch....

Nice consistency!
Looking forward to the NMRA finals in Bowling Green Oct.1-3. Should be lots of Cobras there.

Users who are viewing this thread