Brock's S1000RR

blacksrt

Established Member
Cool vid of the Brock's S1000rr build.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0awpjetko2U&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- ‪Brock's Performance: BMW S 1000 RR 'Stock to Brock' Video with music by Linkin Park (explicit)‬‎[/nomedia]

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
Stock that makes as much power as the 1350cc Hayabusa. From a literbike thats just ridiculous. Not to mention you can get the quick shift option from the factory. It cuts ignition for clutchless shifts.

That's one sweet ass bike.

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
Front end is ugly but I'd prob rock it...would deff rather have a Duc 1198s over that.

Thank you! Thank you, sir! I agree with you!! Lol....

The BMW, really is, no joke. Brocks bike is your general bpu drag bike. Slammed, geared, extended, piped/mapped w/ race fuel. He also added cf wheels w/ ceramics, low weigh oil and a non-o-ring chain.

That's it. Motor is bone stock.

So knocking out an 8.4, for a liter bike, is truly incredible.

Honestly, I think the BMW probably has less then $10k in mods to it. The rims/pipe/swingarm will take up a chunk, but the rest is cheap.

Mayo5

Established Member
Thank you! Thank you, sir! I agree with you!! Lol....

The BMW, really is, no joke. Brocks bike is your general bpu drag bike. Slammed, geared, extended, piped/mapped w/ race fuel. He also added cf wheels w/ ceramics, low weigh oil and a non-o-ring chain.

That's it. Motor is bone stock.

So knocking out an 8.4, for a liter bike, is truly incredible.

Honestly, I think the BMW probably has less then $10k in mods to it. The rims/pipe/swingarm will take up a chunk, but the rest is cheap.

Those CF rims are about 3.5K and the ceramic bearing are a couple hundred. I think most people sell those combo's for about 3.7-4.2K depending on the hubs. I wish they would have done a dyno for the before and after the wheels.

I would kill to have this bike, but everywhere is sold out and the ones that do one have are close to 18K for OTD. I've heard people put their names on the waiting list early this summer and were told it would be Jan/Feb for delivery. That is nuts.

The '11 Kawi looks really good as well.

R1Lello

Established Member
the BMW, it's THE bike to buy, full price, no discounts.......Busas and zx14's sweat around it........haha

ellis4

Established Member
all the "scaling back" the manufacturers are doing to the bikes are easily tuned out. If they plan to race in AMA superbike (i know the rules changed, so someone correct me if i'm wrong), they have to use a stock crank and basic engine layout. Suzuki used to make their gixxer 1000 a short stroke monster for the superbike races, but on the street it is a longer stroke torque monster (01-03 1k), the rules changed and they had to use the basic stock engine layout. Which is why you're seeing most of the people who are winning in Superbike putting out bikes that are anemic below a certain RPM (R1 comes to mind) and absolute screamers on the top end. Also why the gixxer lost some of its midrange around '04.

Yes, the builders have started to have to adhere to newer and more stringent EPA standards, they have to meet the noise requirements throughout the whole RPM range, so the days of seeing big HP improvements from exhaust are going to be coming back. The BMW may STOCK to STOCK put a hurt on some of the other bikes, but when the bikes are fully prepped to race you'll see that they're all fairly equal.

And Phallen, based on your vehicles list I'm pretty sure I met you last night! Haha, I'm the guy with the white 848.

baloo

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7_4lUwrOCk"]YouTube- ‪BMW S 1000 RR vs GSX-R1000 Dyno Comparison‬‎[/nomedia]

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
And Phallen, based on your vehicles list I'm pretty sure I met you last night! Haha, I'm the guy with the white 848.

Ah, yeah, that was me! I heard after we left there was a little racing going on, but among friends. Sort of a dead night, oh well.

I'll probably see ya' next week.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
brocks is local here in dayton. his bmws are nasty. i have an 08 busa with the brocks full system, pc5, and k&n. i wouldnt mess with these litre bikes. hell, his stock wheel base bmw goes high 8's all motor!! wtf?!

as far as superbike racing, i dont know if they plan on doing AMA superbike or not. suzuki has said many times that they spend the majority of their sponsorship dollars in the AMA superbike class, thats why they pretty much have owned it since inception. they are doing world superbike though.

Users who are viewing this thread