Broke into the 7's.....barely

Jday14

Established Member
I have a 2013 mustang gt m6 and finally broke into the 7s in the 1/8 yesterday. First pass was a 7.96 and followed it up with a 7.97. My sixty foot is a terrible 2.0x but I am trapping 97 in the 1/8. Mods include jlt cai, flowmaster catback, barton shifter and zex 100 shot. I am running 305/45/18 555r which I know are way to much tire for my 3:31s but I got a great deal on them. I am leaving really soft I am scared to brake anything. My question is can I be a little more aggressive on launch without fear of braking an axle? Anybody running 555rs on there m6 cars have any advice I think I could run mid 7s with a decent sixty time is that realistic? Any and all feedback welcome!

Jday14

Established Member
I have been running consistent 8.2s and 8.3s with a best of 8.17 on motor so with the zex 100 shot I gained I gained about 3 or 4 tenths and was about 3 or 4 more miles an hour faster. If I launch hard on the nittos will they break anything or will traction be my main issue?

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Is it a wet kit? If so make sure the jets are not in backwards. The bigger jet goes into the nitrous port, and make sure the lines are hooked up right. My car picks up 10 mph on a 125 shot. Your car should be picking up better than it is, IMO.

On the other hand, trapping 97 in the 1/8 is really flying! I just think that you should pick up more than 4mph on a 100 shot.

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
Yeah, I've ran a 7.99 with a 1.99 60ft with street tires? That's with an auto with a bama tune and cold air intake..Now I've got a best of a 7.68 and a 1.85 with an auto and street tires again, but added an x pipe and 4.10s with a messed up tune that had it shiftin like a manual...

Your traps are fast, its like your sprays kicking in 3/4 way down the track or something, I trapped 93-94mph with the 7.68 pass.. but again on street tires NA.

Jday14

Established Member
Well I know the zex 100 shot is really more like a 75 shot cause they rank hp at the crank and the almost 29 inch tires are killing my 3:31 gears. I am leaving really soft like basically off idle to avoid breaking anything rolling into the throttle then when I get to about 3 grand put it to the floor and and keep it there until the end of the track. So I don't know I will double check everything and may throw the 125 shot jets in to get me closer to the actual 100 hp. I have a video on Facebook that a buddy posted but don't know how to save and upload it here or I would.

Jday14

Established Member
I went out working on my launch last night. I would hold part throttle to about 3 grand let clutch out quickly and smoothly and put it to the floor. The tires seemed to hold well with a little bit of wheel spin anyways that allowed me to get on the nitrous a lot quicker. What do u guys think of that technique will it work on the track if it works in the street? Really want to get closer to mid 7s!

Last edited:

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
With 97mph traps, even with the 2.0 60 ft should be mid to low 7s... I could be wrong but I've ran 7.99 at 93, and your 4mph fast which is a lot.. You should get some tires, and leave at 4k dumping it and flooring it so you can get a 1.6-7 60ft, That would get you down there in the low 7s.. maybe even get lucky and shoot for a 6.. put the 125 jets in it..

Jday14

Established Member
The 29 inch tire is killing my times and the 3:31 gears lol. I need to save up and get some 15 inch rims and slicks!

Jday14

Established Member
Well I guess with my trap speed my ets should be a lot better than they are. I checked the nitrous last night everything is all good with it. It's got to be the tires I got a great deal on them that's the only reason I am running them. I would probably be better off with smaller street tires than I am with these huge dr's.

J.Shoot

Established Member
Better 60' times

You should be fine taking off harder. I have actually taken off at 5,000 rpm at the track on slicks on the stock set up.
Changing the UCA and LCA will make a big difference in your 60' times also.
Good luck.
J.Shoot

Jday14

Established Member
You should be fine taking off harder. I have actually taken off at 5,000 rpm at the track on slicks on the stock set up.
Changing the UCA and LCA will make a big difference in your 60' times also.
Good luck.
J.Shoot

I am hopefully going to go tonight and try and launch it pretty hard and see how she does if I can get it off the line and moving that may drastically improve my times. I will update the thread and let everyone know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread