broke rear caliper bracket

OnesmokinSS

Established Member
Ok so I was changing wheel bearings cause it was due. While I am doing this I notice only one side of my passenger rear disk is worn. After further investigating I find that the bolts that hold the caliper are stuck and do not allow the calliper to slide back when the piston moves out. Where can I find a new bracket for my car? Auto Zone, Orielly's, Napa, or Reynolds ford couldn't get them. So what do I do? I was thinking that mybe some other cars may have came with them like lincolns or rangers but I don't know. If anybody knows what to do please let me know. My car has just been sitting and I cant find a freakin bracket arghh.

cobra191

Established Member
The same thing happened with my car(the sliding pins were stuck). They should be regreased and will work fine. I'm not sure why you would need a new bracket though? maybe you can take a pic?

OnesmokinSS

Established Member
Well I sprayed them with penetrating oil and then i put a wrench on it and the bolt snapped. Well now I have a new bracket but I need the sliding pins. Anybody know if our brakes came on a different car like a lincoln or ranger?

Users who are viewing this thread