Broke the Transmission during open track

batfat

Established Member
Running at Mosport Saurday lost the syncro's for 2'nd. The only gears I use on the track are 3,4,5. I could upshift into 2'nd but had to double clutch to downshift into 2'nd from 3'rd to get into gear. Confirms syncro failure. On my second run Sunday started crunching into 4'th on the upshift and downshift. I've got 3 months drivetrain warranty left (it's 3 year bumper to bumper and 5 years drivetrain on all Fords up here in Canada). Taking it to a known mod-friendly dealer today. If this fails I'm going to contact D@D. Any other suggestions? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. The tranny must be working by the 20'th of this month without breaking the bank.

Stock power, Pro-5 shifter, GM syncromesh fluid, fiore quad and adjuster, LDC spring kit

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
If it gets warrantied, you'll just get the same peesocrap ford-spec t56. for whatever thats worth. at least it would get you going by the 20th, if you get the car in today to order parts.

Or, if you're the mechanically-inclined type,
http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1877

its only bearings, gears, and snap rings...the entire service manual can be downloaded from ttc transmission's web site.

Users who are viewing this thread