Broken driver's license

fly4navy117

Established Member
So after a long time of being in my wallet, the top of my drivers license has cracked off. It's well above any information on the front, but the bar code lookin strip was cracked in half. I can't imagine there is any information an officer would need outside of the stuff on the front, but I'm wondering if it would be OK to drive with. It's a NC driver's license, but I'm in Alabama till Thanksgiving so I can't get a new one just yet.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
If the license is faded, cracked/broken etc you will have to get a new one. At least by NC law. Its a chance you will take there. Personally, I do not mess with enforcing it.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Mine break all the time. My last ones broke, finally went and got new ones and they are cracking as well. I've never had anyone in nc say anything to me, I had a ga hwy patrol say something once though.

txyaloo

Established Member
Mine break all the time. My last ones broke, finally went and got new ones and they are cracking as well. I've never had anyone in nc say anything to me, I had a ga hwy patrol say something once though.

Weird! Sounds like NC has a prob with their licenses. Rodney's is broken as well. I've had my current license over 7 years, and it still looks brand new other than the picture of me from when I was 16. :lol:

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
In AL any modifications or damage to the license is a writable offense. It will be officers discresion as to how much to allow on a license to write or not.

Users who are viewing this thread