Broken egr tube on kooks

LETHL 03

Established Member
So after a race I start hearing an exhaust leak. Today I start looking at exhaust to see if a bolt got lose or header gasket went bad. I come to find a big hole on my driver side header. This are kooks, and I believe the egr tube broke off. I have no idea how the F it happened. Anyone else encounter this before? Can it be fixed or do I need new headers?

C7501320-C756-4316-9913-A72A33B3CC28_zps627d4zyj.png

D99E8765-1E80-4E72-BFEF-81C219ED1314_zpsw8q7l4py.png

03' White Snake

Established Member
Is the EGR tube still attached to the back of the blower? Or was it deleted and the cap fell off/ broke the nipple off of the header. If you do not need the EGR to pass inspection, have the hole in the header welded shut or if you have the nipple still threaded into the
egr tube, have it welded back into the header.

I do not see the EGR tube in the pics. It was probaby capped off. Have it welded shut.

Last edited:

LETHL 03

Established Member
Correct, it was capped off. I did an EGR delete years ago. i will take header off and take to a few muffler shops and see who can do it nicely, don't want a hack up weld job

Blueline

Established Member
You could have it welded very easily once you get the header removed. Easy repair, just sucks you gotta pull the header out. GL

Users who are viewing this thread