Broken Halfshafts! Oil leak from KB!

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Went to the track this friday night for Test & Tune and then I was towed home!:mj:

I knew almost exactly what it was when I took off at the line. 2500rpm take off and SNAP! Half shaft snapped/broke and I was really pissed off, because I was looking forward to finally getting some 1320 times in my 03 with all of the new mods.

However, any one know who makes REALLY strong half shafts. I have a feeling the 9in. rear end is going under her, but I want that to be the last alternative.

Also, anyone else running 23psi with a Kenne Bell and having minor oil leaks from the blower? I didn't have the oil leak at 19psi but do now at 23psi?

Procharger?:)

AMB

Established Member
SSlayer96

The Drive Shaft Shop. Website:( httip://driveshaftshop.com) makes a Level 2 and a level 5. With I would go with the Level 5 complete Kit with the inner CV joints. Do you have the HH oil KIT?

AMB

Last edited:

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
No I don't have the HH kit.

2500rpm I don't consider a hard launch. I usually slip the clutch on the way out and usually wheel hop is minimum.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
23PSI w/KB and no Oil containment device? WOW. You must have oil everywhere. Get the Horsepower by Herman Oil spray kit for the KB, then you wont have to worry about it anymore except to add a little here and there....Also if you go the Level 5 route with the DSS, get MJChips brace for the Diff. and Input shaft for the T56 from Liberty......Then go launch @ 5000PRM

Users who are viewing this thread