broken hotchkis leaf spring

RedFox

Established Member
It happens.

I've snapped sway bars before when beeing a bit aggressive in the turns...:uh oh:

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
Have you ever had traction bars on the truck?

no. never run any traction bars, but never saw wheel hop either, only a bit of bounce in a couple high traction burnout situations, at the track with slicks.

new spings seem a bit nicer and less chattery over rough roads. also after the truetrac today it is a very nice difference. best it had drove in a long time.:banana:

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
no. never run any traction bars, but never saw wheel hop either, only a bit of bounce in a couple high traction burnout situations, at the track with slicks.

new spings seem a bit nicer and less chattery over rough roads. also after the truetrac today it is a very nice difference. best it had drove in a long time.:banana:

Well it's good to hear it rides better with the new springs, but I'm still wondering why the original springs cracked. I'm no suspension expert but I'm wondering if the lack of traction bars caused too much flex in the leafs leading to the cracks? Hopefully someone with more expertise will chime in cuz I'm getting ready to check my leafs for any signs of wear.

Users who are viewing this thread