Broken Roush axle-backs

Rkiser

Established Member
I installed a set of roush axle-backs on my 15 Gt two months ago. I have only drove 1500 miles. Cranked the car up and heard what sounded like a rattling tin can from the left side. On closer inspection, the muffler appears to have separated on the inside. No problems on the right side. has anybody else had this problem? FYI I did contact the parts dealer that sold me the kit, not their problem.:fm: Now I wish I had kept the stock mufflers.

sloppymax

Established Member
I would bypass the seller and contact Roush directly. If you can see the separation, I would get some pics so they can get a visual idea of what is going on.

Rct851

Established Member
The roush's on my 13' rusted really quickly. The front splitter and side skirts are beyond cheap as well.

Rkiser

Established Member
Good news on the home front. The friendly folks at Roush bent over backwards to warranty the muffler. I received a nice e-mail and claim form plus dealer info. 15 min. at Earl Tindol Ford / Roush. I'm all set. Thanks to Rich (Roush Performance Parts of E.T.F.) who, by the way has a killer '15 GT, who went out of his way to make sure I was satisfied with the outcome. Could not be happier with the team at Roush and Earl Tindal. I just wish everything in life was as simple.

thehunterooo

Established Member
That is good to hear, I have the same axle backs so it is nice to know they are covered like that though I haven't had any issues in 6000~ miles, time to knock on wood

Laztug

Established Member
Good news on the home front. The friendly folks at Roush bent over backwards to warranty the muffler. I received a nice e-mail and claim form plus dealer info. 15 min. at Earl Tindol Ford / Roush. I'm all set. Thanks to Rich (Roush Performance Parts of E.T.F.) who, by the way has a killer '15 GT, who went out of his way to make sure I was satisfied with the outcome. Could not be happier with the team at Roush and Earl Tindal. I just wish everything in life was as simple.

Roush is a standup company, glad everything went well OP.

Brumdog24

Established Member
had the same thing happen to mine, contacted them before the 90 day warranty expired and they swapped them out no problem! super nice guys at roush

Users who are viewing this thread