Brute update

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Yeah yeah, I know. Anyways, I pulled the drivetrain to get the tranny done and to try and figure out why the oil pressure went to zero on me. I pulled the pan, the pickup tube was attached, pulled the pump, stuck in a pan of oil and spun it up. It moved oil just fine so the issue is the gauge line or the gauge itself. I thought it was awful quiet for having no oil pressure. So the good news is the motor is fine and the tranny is all I have to do. I already have the parts so that's not an issue. With some luck, I might actually be able to drive it again b the end of the year. That would be nice seeing as it's been almost two friggin' years now.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
Those oil pressure problems will make your heart skip a beat. I had an issue where my gauge was dropping to 0 and back to normal shortly after I dropped in the Aluminator, turned out to be the pressure switch.

Anxious to see this mysterious Brute one of these days.

Dave

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
After two years of paying on it and not driving it, nobody's more anxious than me to see it on the road. I only got one real run in it and that was against Will when he was just pullied up. I was impressed with it and that was before I modded it to hell and back.

Now I need disc's all around, cage, etc.. Going fast is one thing, stopping and staying alive if ya screw up is another. I think I have the first part down....

MACHDADDY1

DRAGPAK
Established Member
If ya get Shrek done this year you can take to pinks all out @ pacific in Aug. & pull some wheel stands for all of us.:beer: dont forget the chute, air is free once you have one.

MyFordsFly

Established Member
Good to hear you might finally get to come out and play Charlie. Been a long time coming.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
No doubt. Now I have to figure out the Nitrous setup. It's a PowerWing DP unit and I have 8 each of these pills: 26, 28, 29, 40 and 46. I can't go square with any of them and I don't know what HP levels either of them provide. Hopefully, I hear back from some posts or from the folks at Barry Grant on this. I'll probably run NA for a while as I don't have a controller yet and this N2O kit is single stage.

Users who are viewing this thread