Bryant Flat Plane Crankshaft: Build Your Own Voodoo!

Olsonjus

I inquired with Bryant regarding sourcing a flat plane crankshaft for the coyote engine. They are willing to produce them. Now if ford sells the gt350 camshafts separately or comp cams steps up and offers some we are in business!

Here is a copy of the email from Bryant:

"Hello Justin,

We have built the Coyote crank and the cost is $3,100.00 plus Mallory plus freight.
Current lead time is approximately 14 weeks from the time of confirmed specs and receipt of 50% deposit.

We can build a flat plane version, but that would require tooling and programming in addition to the cost of the crank, so I would need to quote that.

Jim Smaaladen

Bryant Racing
1600 E. Winston Road
Anaheim, CA 92805
714-535-2695 ext. 116

www.bryantracing.com
"

sniper85

Established Member
Not worth it.

I would think more planning would have to go into this, on the buyers part. I would be concerned about vibration issues. Wasn't there a lot of engineering that went into the GT350 to stop that? I think with the cost of materials and tooling(assumed you will be using carbide) and not something needed for hastelloy or Inconel that cost would be well over a nice boosted setup I would imagine. With minimal gains. Do you guys have any insight on the vibration issues? That would be an awesome achievement to say that you machined a flat plan crank and was able to keep vibration to non existent. But maybe a 5.0 wouldn't even have the issue...?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It'll shake everything to pieces. Ford had to put a massive amount of engineering into the car in order to just keep an A/C compressor bolted to the engine.

sniper85

Established Member
It'll shake everything to pieces. Ford had to put a massive amount of engineering into the car in order to just keep an A/C compressor bolted to the engine.

That's what I thought. By the time all is said and done should be well over a msrp GT350.

Users who are viewing this thread