Buddy just got a HD, questions about mods

quik67mustang

wat
Established Member
One of my buddies just picked up an 03 over the weekend, he wants to mod it right away. Couldnt manage to tell him what brand or size of pulley to go with, any thoughts? Its his daily, im sure a port/pulley/intake/exhaust/tune combo should net him some pretty good numbers, no? Thoughts? Input? Thanks guys

edit: also the blower and plenum are black, is that normal?

Last edited:

ModularFan

Established Member
One of my buddies just picked up an 03 over the weekend, he wants to mod it right away. Couldnt manage to tell him what brand or size of pulley to go with, any thoughts? Its his daily, im sure a port/pulley/intake/exhaust/tune combo should net him some pretty good numbers, no? Thoughts? Input? Thanks guys

Yes, he should be making around 6-7 LBS of boost stock, and yes to the exhaust/intake/pulley/tune should net good numbers.

mustangsf4life

Black Venom
Established Member

I believe the black plenum came stock on the 03's. I would go cai, port the blower and plenum, catback or full exhaust (long tubes arent worth the hassel), tune, heat exchanger, 2.8 upper pulley (or stock lightning upper) and a 4 lb lower pulley for a total of 12-13 lbs. I had everythig but the pulleys before I sold my truck. Also look at getting an upgraded idler setup up so you have better belt rap on the upper pulley and no slipping. LFP has a nice reasonable one. With that you should be sitting at 360-380 rwhp and 450-470rwtq on a good safe tune. Check out Welcome to the National Harley Truck Owners Club for more info too. Also check out .: Johnny Lightning Performance and Welcome to Lightning Force Performance - Your American Muscle Mustang Parts Store for you upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread