Budget cuts...

1time

Established Member
I'm a Police ofcr with OCPD(okc). We are loosing 155 brothers and sisters in Tulsa and they(mayor's ofc) plan on cutting us big time. How are the rest of you faring?:shrug:

Last edited:

kent1

Established Member
I am sorry that your mayor is cutting that many jobs. Hard times seems to be everywhere. I am not a police officer but a retired accountant/business manager from the State of Louisiana in Dec. of 2005. I have had three temporary jobs after retirement. It took me 8 months to find a job and I am starting this Monday. As stated, times are really hard out there for regular working folks and people who don't the right person for a job. I hope and pray you keep your job a long time because our towns, states, highways, and country need police officers to maintain order in our society.

Last edited:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
i have buddies that are firemen and police officers, cuts are everywhere.

exdeath

Established Member
Bunch of crap. How many governors and state senators responsible for this mess are getting laid off? Zero.

Overrun the budget by billions and give themselves raises when the going is good, but when it turns bad, first thing they do is get rid of cops and firefighters making only $30k and shut down parks as if that's really going to even things out. Keep the yacht and the mansion when you file for bankruptcy but fire the housekeeper?

Talk about empty gestures. Why is it when government goes over budget the first thing they squeeze back on are the few services that the public benefits from directly for their tax dollars, and not the beurocracy and pork projects?

Keep the police and firefighters employed. Fire the politicians and close down the state legislatures. Guarantee it will have more effect on scaling back the budgets.

Last edited:

Chris01Bullitt

Established Member
Bunch of crap. How many governors and state senators responsible for this mess are getting laid off? Zero.

Overrun the budget by billions and give themselves raises when the going is good, but when it turns bad, first thing they do is get rid of cops and firefighters making only $30k and shut down parks as if that's really going to even things out. Keep the yacht and the mansion when you file for bankruptcy but fire the housekeeper?

Talk about empty gestures. Why is it when government goes over budget the first thing they squeeze back on are the few services that the public benefits from directly for their tax dollars, and not the beurocracy and pork projects?

Keep the police and firefighters employed. Fire the politicians and close down the state legislatures. Guarantee it will have more effect on scaling back the budgets.

God damn, could'nt have said it any better!

:beer:

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
I agree with exdeath. I have said this before, the first thing these _____ do is take away the services. What do you think is going to happen, crime is going to go up. What they need to do is "plug the holes." And if these government officials can't get it done then lay them off.

rubber duck

Established Member
They cut our budget by 20% over the last couple of years, mayor swears up and down no layoffs for pd or fd. We pretty much haven't hired anyone in two years so I don't think there's anybody to lay off without severely compromising the safety of the community. Our patrol division shrunk 1/3 from the bodies we are "supposed" to have right now.

Danl

2 wheel nut job
Established Member
That's exactly what Tulsa needs, less law enforcement. There are already neighborhoods you don't dare go into after dark down there.

1time

Established Member
they are cutting from rookies up. Unless they all take a paycut. We are bout to cut out alot of special services for the public. Looks like OCPD will cut jobs to as well as fire

Iluvatar

Txyaloo scares me
Established Member
That's crazy that they choose that method to free up cash.
Kansas City is actually hiring officers right now. I'm turning my application in next week. Makes me worry if they decide to do cut backs in the near future.

rubber duck

Established Member
I agree with exdeath. I have said this before, the first thing these _____ do is take away the services. What do you think is going to happen, crime is going to go up. What they need to do is "plug the holes." And if these government officials can't get it done then lay them off.
Politicians are out of touch with reality. They only care when it affects them directly, and the unemployment rate doesn't affect them.

At our 2/3rds manpower level calls for service are taking longer and longer to get to due to being tied up with other calls, calls that should have at least 2 guys dispatched to like domestics and other various disturbances are having one guy dispatched to "scope out" the disturbance to see if additional units are needed.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
don't feel bad.. the military (atleast the Navy) is taking budget cuts as well... ships are doing more deployments, with crews that are down 25% from what they should be, and it's looking to be worse in the future..

jshen

Established Member
Cuts hit the Courts

GA- cuts go everywhere, including the Courts. State paid judges and prosecutors are now furloughed 2 days a month w/o pay and thus is backing up the judicial system. Georgia's remedy, cut pay 10%! Those nearing retirement can look forward to reduced retirement benefits based on this move. Fortunately the cuts have NOT yet hit our local police departments.

elcobrita

Established Member
Wow! I am sorry to hear that. Im a firefighter and we got our cost of living raises taken away, but just last year all those ****s from city council voted to give themselves a 25% raise. They are all a joke..:fm:

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
If our governor out here keeps her word, she'll keep my agency (State Patrol) protected regardless of how many cuts need to be made. We've had our uniform allowances and performance pay taken away, and will also incur a 5% pay cut in April. But if that's what it takes for no Troopers to loose jobs though, I'm all for it. It's tragic to see any cops/fire fighters loose their jobs. So with that said, I think I'm safe. However, Phoenix PD is on the verge of laying off 350+ officers. Their union (PLEA) is raising hell about it, but I'm not sure it will save the cuts. My wife is a dispatcher for Phoenix PD, and both of her brothers are Phoenix cops as well. They've all got enough time on to not be affected by the cuts, but it's truly sad to see this happen to so many public servants.

Users who are viewing this thread