Budget return system... good for 700+ HP?

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Ok so I have a 2.9 whipple that I will be installing ONE DAY and I have decided to go with a return style fuel system. My ultimate goal is to be able to hit 700rwhp on pump gas but realistically I dont think I can do it here in Wa cause we only have 92 octane available but im still gonna try. Will Lethals budget kit EASILY support 700hp or should I just say **** it and save up my money for like another damn year and buy the nice fuel kit? $1600 is alot of money to me and it will take me a while to save up that much and I dont want to do it if it isnt even neccessary. Whats the difference anyway? Some fuel rails and some fuel line?

My car is pretty much completely stock as far as fuel goes. I do have 80# injectors for the install already but no aftermarket MAF or anything else. My goal is to have a fuel system that will easily support 700-750rwhp... what do I need?

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
subbed..:pop: (ready to buy soon as well)

and it sucks the sale just passed over Div X and fuel stuff.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Ok so I have a 2.9 whipple that I will be installing ONE DAY and I have decided to go with a return style fuel system. My ultimate goal is to be able to hit 700rwhp on pump gas but realistically I dont think I can do it here in Wa cause we only have 92 octane available but im still gonna try. Will Lethals budget kit EASILY support 700hp or should I just say **** it and save up my money for like another damn year and buy the nice fuel kit? $1600 is alot of money to me and it will take me a while to save up that much and I dont want to do it if it isnt even neccessary. Whats the difference anyway? Some fuel rails and some fuel line?

My car is pretty much completely stock as far as fuel goes. I do have 80# injectors for the install already but no aftermarket MAF or anything else. My goal is to have a fuel system that will easily support 700-750rwhp... what do I need?

Sorry to say but u are not going to make 700 rwhp with 92 . U will have to add torco to the 92 to be enough octane to support around 21 psi to make it happen. I do know twin stryker pumps will do 800 rwhp on e85 & those are 340 lph twin pumps. The budget kit uses two gss342(255lph) pumps which should meet your needs. A return kit also has a regulator ,different fuel filter to accept an fittings,fuel hat,pumps,yblock and a wiring harness. Also the buget kit has a adapter to use your stock rails,u gotta go beyond the budget kit to get the rails but then its another 300 plus 50 more in fittings. The fpdm is eliminated in a return system thats why the wiring harness is needed to run power from batter to the pumps(i paid 175 from lethal for my triple harness) so as u can see things are not cheap and not just some rails and lines. Realistically I see your car making around 18psi max on just 92 & will be somewhere in the 620 to 630 rwhp if u have lt's.

Hope this helped

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The Budget kit will support 750 rwhp with 80 lb injectors on gasoline, but you're not going to make that power on pump gas. If you plan on making more than 750 rwhp, then you need to look into the full fuel systems. The full systems come with rails, fittings, Y block, Aeromotive filter, lines and the Aeromotive Pro Series regulator. They use -10 feed and -8 return lines where the budget uses stock lines, stock rails, stock filter, Magnafuel regulator and a -6an return. Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Last edited:

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Sorry to say but u are not going to make 700 rwhp with 92 . U will have to add torco to the 92 to be enough octane to support around 21 psi to make it happen. I do know twin stryker pumps will do 800 rwhp on e85 & those are 340 lph twin pumps. The budget kit uses two gss342(255lph) pumps which should meet your needs. A return kit also has a regulator ,different fuel filter to accept an fittings,fuel hat,pumps,yblock and a wiring harness. Also the buget kit has a adapter to use your stock rails,u gotta go beyond the budget kit to get the rails but then its another 300 plus 50 more in fittings. The fpdm is eliminated in a return system thats why the wiring harness is needed to run power from batter to the pumps(i paid 175 from lethal for my triple harness) so as u can see things are not cheap and not just some rails and lines. Realistically I see your car making around 18psi max on just 92 & will be somewhere in the 620 to 630 rwhp if u have lt's.

Hope this helped

First off... WTF! I grew up in Moreno Valley cali! Yeah I know i wont be able make 700 on 92, thats why I said that in my post but I certainly hope to make more than 630. I am going to be seriously disappointed if I dont make a minimum of 650 rwhp. I dont even know where to get Torco or anything like that around here. Is it expensive? I do not have LTs either. I really dont ever plan on ever making more than 750 just becuase it is my personal belief that much power is useless on a street car but 700 would be nice.

cbr repsol

Established Member
First off... WTF! I grew up in Moreno Valley cali! Yeah I know i wont be able make 700 on 92, thats why I said that in my post but I certainly hope to make more than 630. I am going to be seriously disappointed if I dont make a minimum of 650 rwhp. I dont even know where to get Torco or anything like that around here. Is it expensive? I do not have LTs either. I really dont ever plan on ever making more than 750 just becuase it is my personal belief that much power is useless on a street car but 700 would be nice.

Yeah its garbage here..i grew up in san bernardino and it.was cheaper to buy a house here.

U can get torco for like 250 buck for a 5 gallon jug from lethal. If u mix 32 oz with 10 gallons of 91 it increases the octane by 7 if I remember correctly. A buddie of mine made 630 rwhp but he had long tubes on 18 psi...so I think u are in for dissapointment cause it still isnt gonna me 650rwhp. The same person I mention (gabe1530) made a bit over 655 rwhp with belt slip cause he changed the pulley and didnt have proper belt.

Users who are viewing this thread