Bug Out Gear

beau t

Established Member
Something tells me that a handful of 22LR will be more valuable than a bag full of gold when SHTF.
i bought some a couple weeks ago and think this may already be the case lol.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Something tells me that a handful of 22LR will be more valuable than a bag full of gold when SHTF.
Brass with lead will certainly be an inportant currency...of which i have none of....

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Where are you located?
He's in the sparsely populated hills and mountains of Pennsylvania. Plenty of wildlife and fishing. Everyone probably knows everyone. Our refuge camp is even more desolate in the hills of upstate NY. Big disadvantage is a state prison near by. Likely the prisoners will be released and head for the hills. Our network in VA, is good friends. Our network in NY is extended family. Networking is key.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I love my M&P 15-22 but still want to pick up a 10/22 TD with a integral suppressed barrel. I believe there is an integral suppressed 15-22 as well but its been a while since Ive read about them.
I like the IDF 10/22… that thing is pure sex, I get hard thinking about all the Palestinians that have been dropped with one.
IMG_0038.jpeg

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Speaking of 22.

I talked to someone about surviving the apocalypse many years ago with a so called expert and the premise was that you would want to avoid close encounters and hand-to-hand combat at all costs. Keep your distance from all and everyone is the enemy.

He suggested that the best tool to own in a worlds end scenario was the most reliable 22 rifle you could get with bags and bags of 22 ammo. Ruger 10/22.

Remember during the apocalypse a shot with a 22 to somebody’s stomach etc from 100 yards away is the end.
They may not die right away, but they are done and they will not pursue you.

In the apocalypse a wound equals infection and death.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Speaking of 22.

I talked to someone about surviving the apocalypse many years ago with a so called expert and the premise was that you would want to avoid close encounters and hand-to-hand combat at all costs. Keep your distance from all and everyone is the enemy.

He suggested that the best tool to own in a worlds end scenario was the most reliable 22 rifle you could get with bags and bags of 22 ammo. Ruger 10/22.

Remember during the apocalypse a shot with a 22 to somebody’s stomach etc from 100 yards away is the end.

For sure, iconic rifle there. Many cool options with .22!

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I like the IDF 10/22… that thing is pure sex, I get hard thinking about all the Palestinians that have been dropped with one.View attachment 1839803

Speaking of 22.

For sure, iconic rifle there. Many cool options with .22!
Great, now Im shopping. Now for a question, do I really need the TD feature or not??? If anyone with some experience cares to chime in feel free.

Saleen498

Established Member
Great, now Im shopping. Now for a question, do I really need the TD feature or not??? If anyone with some experience cares to chime in feel free.
TD is nice especially in urban areas to fit in a larger backpack. Model 51133 I believe works with rugers suppressor as well.

Personally for a more rural home front I prefer the RPR in 22lr. Honestly the most fun small caliber rifle I own.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
TD is nice especially in urban areas to fit in a larger backpack. Model 51133 I believe works with rugers suppressor as well.

Personally for a more rural home front I prefer the RPR in 22lr. Honestly the most fun small caliber rifle I own.

Its all up to you, what do want it for?
TD is nice to easily transport and conceal.
The odds of me trying to be sneaky with a 22LR rifle is practically nil, I have other tools for that I suppose would be better suited. I am probably going to be doing mostly marksmanship and fundamentals work with it, is there a notable accuracy difference between a TD, a non TD and the RPR???

Saleen498

Established Member
The odds of me trying to be sneaky with a 22LR rifle is practically nil, I have other tools for that I suppose would be better suited. I am probably going to be doing mostly marksmanship and fundamentals work with it, is there a notable accuracy difference between a TD, a non TD and the RPR???
I honestly couldn't answer that because I don't have and apples to apples comparison. My 10/22 I have never attempted any shots over 50 yards. My RPR does have a nikon rim fire optic and I have hit ballons at 200 yards with 42 grain lead nose. It also has an atlas bipod and I shoot prone with it. The 10/22 is iron sight. I don't own a TD yet but have shot them and the accuracy seems exactly the same.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
The top rail for an optic is high on my list, I see they have some with a peep sight incorporated into it. BUIS are nice but not a deal breaker for me. The Collectors Sixth Edition and possibly a 10/22 TD Lite have caught my eye.

Users who are viewing this thread