BUILD: 2003 mach 1 complete terminator swap

selbyvince

Established Member
thanks bro, the irs was going to be too much to build, and i got a really good deal on the built rear end, so i just ditched.. i much rather the ride of the irs, but it wasnt that big of deal to me.
i really wanted to keep the shaker setup, kind of wish i wouldnt of sold it. but we will see after i get it all together on if i want to go back with a shaker setup and the mach lettering on the rear bumper or not.. its up in the air still.. mainly concerned with getting the drivetraing together. the cobra air bag not a big deal to me, nor putting the emblems on. we will see how it plays out in the next month or two.. open to opinions from everyone, just please.. if your are 100% against this build, i dont want those opinions lol. if it gets to be an opinion/hate thread ill just delete everything.

on a good note, greyhound just called me informing me my 03 cobra front bumper arrived :rockon:

mustangvick

Im the new king of cleve.
Established Member
swap

Good to hear someone else doing swaps..
Completed my 2000gt swap in my garage it to the entire summer!
Tousely ford core bought with 2k core refund on mines
2.8 pullie and a tune,flow 44s, making 430hp-400trq,6speed with 410 gears, no irs though only thing missing.
Plenty of pontential left in motor- 2v would have been at its
limits..... 5 good kills this summer
trans am 2002
gto 6ltr
z28 2000-2002ish
typhoon
buick grandnat.
They thought it was a gt with 315 toyo r888s n exhaust hahahaha
enjoy your fobra cause i am, we should have a fobra meet.....

selbyvince

Established Member
thanks man:

bumper came in today, and found a black 03 cobra hood, will be picking it up on pay day. also i found a guy with a zink yellow mach, that happened to pick up a black 03 cobra decklid and spoiler lol.. so we are going to swap decklids this weekend. hell if i can trade off my rear bumper now for a black one.. i may not have to get a paint job lol

BLKFOX

Established Member
Nice build, I'm not sure about your comment on "the looks of the cobra being superior" though. I'm pretty sure they were both built to have a certain appearance. You should've expected to get lit up for tearing a Mach apart in the "Mach 1" section lol. But it's whatever, look like a good project, have fun.

Sent while swerving through cones on air suspension ;)

selbyvince

Established Member
I'm not really worried about it. Some like it, some don't. Don't expect everyone to have the same opinion. Like I said, doing it for the fun, and to please myself. Not everyone else. Half tempted to just delete everything to avoid conflict of opinions ya know. Not trying to start a pissing match, just thought some may be interested in reading through a build like I do. Nothing can be said to change my thoughts on what I'm doing, so we see if this goes In a negative or positive direction lol

selbyvince

Established Member
And yes I did expect it from this site. Mach owners hate because I tore up a so called " perfectly good" Mach one, terminator owners hate because I'm building a "fobra". It's all good, I'm happy with what I'm doing, that's all that matters to me. :)

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Awesome build man. I hope to be doing this whenever I get settled into my first duty station.

selbyvince

Established Member
Thanks guys, I know, the Mach hood was a hard decision. I wish I would of kept it, I looked into buying another setup today, but I must of have a steal of a deal on mine because I wasn't paying near anything they are selling for lol

Anyway, oem black 2003 cobra hood is on the way :)

BLKFOX

Established Member
And yes I did expect it from this site. Mach owners hate because I tore up a so called " perfectly good" Mach one, terminator owners hate because I'm building a "fobra". It's all good, I'm happy with what I'm doing, that's all that matters to me. :)

Haha as long as you're happy man, so....you wouldn't happen to be getting rid of anything would you??

Sent while swerving through cones on air suspension ;)

selbyvince

Established Member
I literally sold everything except the spoiler, mirrors, stock intake setup, stock 03 cobra intake, stock manifolds, ac compressor...about it lol. Everything sold pretty quick lol.

selbyvince

Established Member
Just picked up a set of brand new black 03 cobra mirrors. That completes the exterior minus if I decide to do emblems. :rockon:

Mr. Goggles

The Man
Established Member
Awesome conversion man.

Only thing I don't like is ditching the Mach 1 seats for the cobra ones. I love those things.

selbyvince

Established Member
Yea they were nice. But I liked the suade inserts better because I stick to the seat, instead of slide around in the all leather. 5'4" 135 lbs... Lol.

selbyvince

Established Member
updates,

got the rear seats finished up at the upholstry shop today, and finally found some rear seat mounting bolts so was able to get the rear seats in and mounted up.

Took my fuel regulator that someone painted black, and got it cleaned up a bit back to red where it would match my valve covers

Bought a 2.76 billetflow pulley

And a JLT CAI

Will be going this weekend to trade my decklid for a black 03 cobra decklid. :)

Last edited:

selbyvince

Established Member
updates: finally getting around to posting some pictures

First off, i will be putting the mach hood back on it, svt truck emblems are coming off and there will be a mach emblem going back on, my cobra rear bumper is getting shaved, and there will be NOTHING on this car that says cobra on it, nor any cobra emblems.. its not a cobra, and i want it to be clear that i am still representing a MACH 1 lol...

now that thats out, this thing is getting close to completion.
should be picking up the rest of my eaton swap parts tomorrow on my way in from work, so going to go ahead and get the heat exchanger in place and bumper bolted on. going to drop the factory k member out, will be ordering an afco k member this month along with the afco motor mounts.. i will eventually get the a arms, and coil over kit for my d-spec struts.. but for now just going to get it buttoned back up and drivable, and then do the things that can be done over time later, no need to do it all at once, im just ready to drive it!

also just need to pick me up a set of the new fore fuel rails, and a sct maf, a billetflow s/c pulley hub and then the motor part of this build will be complete!

i just got my last of the transmission goodies last week so thats all done, rearend and fuel is ready minus fuel rails

Interior is pretty much complete, just got to pick up my passenger seat from rick.

And only paint work i need is after i shave my bumper, and my new mach hood i picked up.

GETTING CLOSE!

now on to a few pics
The new black cobra decklid i picked up :rockon:

Front bumper on (still have to remove it for heat exchanger, but i got bored last week while waiting for parts)

new cobra mirrors are installed:

Heres the pictures of the oem cobra hood i bought, that ups damaged during shipment :banghead: (i will be selling this as soon as my claim is finished up with ups, so if anybody is interested... let me know) (also, the damage is not as bad as it looks, keep in mind the pics are close up, besides the obvious bad one, the others are very small, the major one really isnt horrible.. its not going to be a bad fix)

Last edited:

selbyvince

Established Member
well picked up a few more parts today

got a pulley puller so i can go ahead and get the billetflow quick change hub on the eaton
picked up some FRPP header gaskets and locking bolts so i can get the kooks long tubes on the motor this week :rawk:
and a 3.2 metco alternator pulley to go with my 4 lb lower setup. :)

spending money so i can make some more progress, i want to have this thing on the road in December. buying a car trailer last week cut me back a few bucks out my car building fund, but hey, it was a good deal and i needed one. now i wont have to rent one when i take my car to lousiana for a tune (next month hopefully :D) and i will be able to tow it to the track instead of drive it, had a few close calls at the track that would of left me stranded, so this makes me feel much better to have.

Users who are viewing this thread