Build cobra or buy a termi?

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Strip the PD blower off of it, put a centri blower (Vortech, Procharger, Paxton, pick your poison) and make more power then that little Kenne Bell is capable off. Then go have a good time. If torque is what you're after, size the blower correctly with the proper pulley to make peak power in whatever RPM range you want and enjoy. I don't really understand the allure of the PD blowers personally, sure they make gobs of torque off idle, but I've always been a fan of the more linear power delivery that a centri blower gives.

Totally agree. You already have a Meth setup, so sell the Kenne Bell oven toaster and pick up a Vortech. My first setup put down 450 rwhp on a very conservative tune and 3.6 pulley. When I stepped up to the 3.33 pulley, the car put down 500 RWHP. Recently upgraded my fuel pump, and went for retune...a little adjustment to the timing and now its sitting at 510RWHP. With the 4.10 gears, its a very fun street car.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I wanted a KB for a few years, bad after lots and lots and lots of research, I realized they are a waste of time if you want 400+. I mean, they can get there, but not nearly as easily/safely as a turbo or centrifugal.

I made up my mind, and it's not KB. Years ago when 400 rwhp was a good amount, it may have been worth it. Now they have 4 and 6 cyl making 400 easily. You gotta up your game these days.

KBR

Established Member
I've been giving it a lot of thought and doing research. I want a 500+hp car. If I can sell my car for a fair price, I will use the money toward a car that I can get there easier like a Termi, Roush, or GT500. Those will also retain more equity than my 98.
I just listed my car for sale on Craigslist(Boston) for 10500...if nobody wants it for that, I'm going to "c" head and intercool(aka termi) or coyote it....I also may be selling some parts to help defray costs. I'd appreciate any input/advice from anyone else that's been down this road.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I've been giving it a lot of thought and doing research. I want a 500+hp car. If I can sell my car for a fair price, I will use the money toward a car that I can get there easier like a Termi, Roush, or GT500. Those will also retain more equity than my 98.
I just listed my car for sale on Craigslist(Boston) for 10500...if nobody wants it for that, I'm going to "c" head and intercool(aka termi) or coyote it....I also may be selling some parts to help defray costs. I'd appreciate any input/advice from anyone else that's been down this road.

I'm in the Boston area, what do you plan on selling?

32icon321

Established Member
Wow, that sold really quick for this time of the year. Good luck with the terminator search

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread