Build Question

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
Me and a friend who is very skilled in the engine area was wondering if anyone have used the lincoln navigator 32V heads and swapped them on a "L". We found a few navigator motors for cheat and wondered why we couldn't just swap the heads and use an after market intake manifold to keep the stock eaton and so on..... just a thought. what do you guys think.. i tried searching before i posted this but all i came across was a turbo set up that was done with these heads. thanks guys.

LSUstang05

Established Member
I would assume that you would need a different PCM (probably the navigator one). There is a thread on here somewhere about a company doing a GT500 engine swap into the L. It's basically the same idea, they wanted the 32v heads on the truck and IIRC, it ended up just being "easier" to do a full engine swap since you had to change the computer out, anyways.

As the truck sits, the 2v heads flow well enough to put you well past the stock internals limit. Before your heads become a restriction on these trucks you will have already thrown a rod through your block. Again, IIRC, this is another reason why the company (I forget the name, sorry), decided to go for the GT500 motor swap.

I'll see if I can dig up the thread on that build here in a minute.

This post isn't exactly about Navigator heads, but it gives you an idea of what it would take to do a 4v head swap of any kind.
http://www.SVTperformance.com/forums/7231021-post6.html

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
Is our lower intake and intercooler able to fit with 4v heads or maybe even the 3v heads that come on the new f150's. We talked a lot about this and came up that 3v or 4v is till more power that the 2v now matter what, the swap will be worth the time money and experience.

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Hey your not far from PSI Motorsports. Give them a shout. They did GT500 heads with Ford GT cams and aluminum shortblock for me. They are doing another customers right now. But this guy is doing ported heads and cams. Its a new website and they are in the process of building it but you can get contact info from it. PSI Motorsports of Texas [Race on Sunday, drive to work on Monday]

LSUstang05

Established Member
Every thing is possible granted you have enough time and money. I don't know if the Navigator rods are any stronger than the Lightning rods or not, but if you are going to be putting different rods, why not just upgrade on Manley rods or something?

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
this isnt going to happen overnight lol. Were having trouble finding an aftermarket lower intake manifold that will fit with the intercooler and eaton blower. Does anyone know of an aftermarket company that makes one? or could we use the svt 03 04 cobra heads with theres or our manifold with a spacer kit for the gap since the deck high is taller on the 5.4

FordFanStan

Established Member
Only a handful of ways you can go about this swap. (4v)

1. Use 03-04 Cobra heads and use the aftermarket adaptor to adapt the Cobra intake, intercooler, and blower.

2. Use Navi heads and contact Mad Enterprises and see if Mike will make you a one off lower intake, (he did this for himself), or see if another qualified fab shop will make you one.

3. Go turbo and you can use any of numerous intakes and not have to worry about a intercooler inside the intake.

4. Use GT500 or GT heads and use the appropriate intake, intercooler, and blower.

The first two options are the cheapest, but in return you will yield the least performance from those two options as well. You need to decide on how bad you want to do this and what is the reasoning for it. Solely for power? Are you a racer, if so what kind of ET are you looking to get and how much power can your truck handle, (power and drivetrain are only part of the role to get quick ET's). What is your budget? Is there a timeframe? Lots of different things you need to think about before trying to conquer this task.

Several builder have built 4v, but none are exactly the same. If you have any questions, I would contact PSI, DMP, or MAD. Hope that helps some. Stan

Users who are viewing this thread