Build sheet

Garlin

Established Member
Any chance someone can post or send me a picture of their build sheet. I cannot locate mine and SVT does not seem to have it. I would like to see if I can get a duplicate or see what I'm looking for. Thanks.:shrug: E-mail [email protected]

venom279

Established Member
Originally posted by Garlin
Any chance someone can post or send me a picture of their build sheet. I cannot locate mine and SVT does not seem to have it. I would like to see if I can get a duplicate or see what I'm looking for. Thanks.:shrug: E-mail [email protected]

Gary,

Have you called 1-800-FORD-SVT?? That is what I had to do in order to get a replacement certificate. They were very friendly and cooperative about this. All they will do, is ask you for the VIN number. It took about one month to recieve. I hope this helps.

Brian

Garlin

Established Member
Thanks Brian,
I'll give that a try. Back awhile ago someone on this forum knew someone a SVT that had a bunch of build sheets and to give him a call to see if he had mine but he did not. So I'll give this a try.
Also you would think that SVT would have kept all this info together to go with the cars. Anyone that's a car nut knows how things like matching #'s and documentaion on a car are very important and help with the value of the car. I hope that on the next car SVT will take note and collect the paperwork such as the build sheet etc. and send it all with the vehicle. Thanks again Brian.:rolling:

venom279

Established Member
Originally posted by Garlin
Thanks Brian,
I'll give that a try. Back awhile ago someone on this forum knew someone a SVT that had a bunch of build sheets and to give him a call to see if he had mine but he did not. So I'll give this a try.
Also you would think that SVT would have kept all this info together to go with the cars. Anyone that's a car nut knows how things like matching #'s and documentaion on a car are very important and help with the value of the car. I hope that on the next car SVT will take note and collect the paperwork such as the build sheet etc. and send it all with the vehicle. Thanks again Brian.:rolling:

No problem at all, just trying to help. I was wondering, are you the original owner of your R?? If so, SVT should have ALL the documentation for it, if not, you can definately get a replacement certificate, but that is probably it.

I know this first hand from getting mine. I bought it from a dealer who took it on trade. The guy who traded it in, was the original owner and he was very uncooperative about giving the dealer all the documents. SO, I had to figure out how to get a certificate the hard way.:bash:

Let me know how it goes!!

:beer:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Guys,

You are confusing the build sheet with the SVT Certificate.

The build sheets are used throughout assembly to help the workers put the car together the way it was ordered. Normally, they are removed along the assembly line and discarded. Occasionally, they get trapped under the carpet or behind a bumper cover.

The SVT Certificate is easily obtained by requesting it from SVT. It will have your VIN, build date and sequence number.

Tom

Garlin

Established Member
Hi Tom,
The build sheet is what I was looking for. I had heard that someone collected some of the build sheets and was just trying to see if I could get a duplicate. I have the certificate your talking about. Someone at SVT had some build sheets at one time. I called him with my VIN but he did not have mine. I just want to document my vehicle as much as possible. I thought if I could get a scanned copy of a build sheet from another 00R I could duplicate mine. Thanks.

Gary:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread