Build Thread: House Of Power Motorsports Project "Z Oh Sick"

Status
Not open for further replies.

97 Red Devil

Established Member
Subscribing! Hood looks sick!. . .also id imagine the clutch will hold up fine esp if your not drag racing, #1 this is a 347 not a 427 so even if you up the boost the torque isnt going to be huge maybe 625rwtq, #2 the cars lighter than any c6 so its easier on the clutch, #3 ive seen ecs cars routinely running around the with 8xxrwhp on ls7 clutches + no other aftermarket twin disk (forget about single disk) is as street friendly as the ls7 clutch. .. .. wow idk why i went of on such an ls7 clutch rant whoa :shrug:

97 Red Devil

Established Member
Just a couple of pointers as others have given you.
1. you might as well just ditch the ls7 clutch now as it wont hold period. your spending massive amounts of money on body work don't neglect the performance side of the car as it will bite you in the a$$.
2. look into the flip drive system or direct drive system for the numbers your trying to push this will make the belt and acc system last alot longer.
3. ditch that intercooler system and go with a proven ic system such as a&a or ecs.
4. and depeding on how much your going to push it that current fuel system will be at its limits before 700hp and after that will be a ticking timebomb just fyi.

edit: if this is a show car only then scratch all of the above....
again this are just some of my opinions not bashing your build. good lucjk!
1. I disagree with on the clutch. Also a couple well known shops would also
2. has an ecs 8 rib on it no need for flip drive, the d1sc isnt like an f1r fairly easy to spin and not running a huge amount of boost on small pullies
3. ATI pro charger invests a ton more time & money into r&d than any private shop could afford, they wouldnt make a garbage kit. Alot of other huge front mount intercoolers are way over engineered and are even detriment to use on the street cause they block air flow to the radiator and makes the car run hotter. I know about 10 road race cars running split ic set ups that are high 700rwhp cars cause they need more airflow to the radiator. Also meth drops iat temps greatly
4. Not even close to a ticking time bomb pal. walbro 255 intank with 60s & bap is good for 725rwhp on meth with a decently fat afr. . a secondary boost reference auxiliary pump & 80s will take you to 900rwhp

Scorch

Established Member
1. I disagree with on the clutch. Also a couple well known shops would also
2. has an ecs 8 rib on it no need for flip drive, the d1sc isnt like an f1r fairly easy to spin and not running a huge amount of boost on small pullies
3. ATI pro charger invests a ton more time & money into r&d than any private shop could afford, they wouldnt make a garbage kit. Alot of other huge front mount intercoolers are way over engineered and are even detriment to use on the street cause they block air flow to the radiator and makes the car run hotter. I know about 10 road race cars running split ic set ups that are high 700rwhp cars cause they need more airflow to the radiator. Also meth drops iat temps greatly
4. Not even close to a ticking time bomb pal. walbro 255 intank with 60s & bap is good for 725rwhp on meth with a decently fat afr. . a secondary boost reference auxiliary pump & 80s will take you to 900rwhp
im not going to de rail this guy's thread arguing about this.
so we can take it to PM's if you like.
1. pay attention to what im saying. im not saying it wouldnt be able to take it for a lil while and even more so if its just a show car that wont see much wot and dig racing. its just not the best option nor reliable in 800hp applications period.
2. your missing the point of the flip drive. it has numerous advantages over running an 8rib through all acc. period (im not going to go through all of them as im sure a simple google or look at corvette forum will display the same)
3. Have you actually tested, used and raced with all the above kits on a c5 specific application? (A&A, ECS, Procharger) well i have and i can a tell you for certain that the procharger stock kit is the worst of them period!

4.will it work with just an intank and bap and 60's?sure! but is it the best system to have handle the task no. its at its limit even more so being that the 03 z isnt a return system. yes and external pump setup is a much better system to run and i would recommend it on anything 650rwhp and up.
also keep in mind my pointers go all out the window as none of this matters on a "show car"
i build cars to race so must of my advice is directed at just that.
btw Scorch nice looking vette. this is mine
99 Corvette 408 F1R 1006 rwhp dyno - YouTube
thank you very nice car you have there (with a big single fmic and not the procharger twin intercooler LOL)
here is one of my latest build threads
Scorch BUILD v2.0 - Corvette Forum

Last edited:

TurboWs6

1,000whp CLUB
Established Member
Not to burst any bubbles but scorch is right in everything he has posted

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I always look forward to your threads, looking at your new vehicles you fix up.

On this one, I could have left a couple of things but its your money lol.

97 Red Devil

Established Member
im not going to de rail this guy's thread arguing about this.
so we can take it to PM's if you like.
1. pay attention to what im saying. im not saying it wouldnt be able to take it for a lil while and even more so if its just a show car that wont see much wot and dig racing. its just not the best option nor reliable in 800hp applications period.
2. your missing the point of the flip drive. it has numerous advantages over running an 8rib through all acc. period (im not going to go through all of them as im sure a simple google or look at corvette forum will display the same)
3. Have you actually tested, used and raced with all the above kits on a c5 specific application? (A&A, ECS, Procharger) well i have and i can a tell you for certain that the procharger stock kit is the worst of them period!

4.will it work with just an intank and bap and 60's?sure! but is it the best system to have handle the task no. its at its limit even more so being that the 03 z isnt a return system. yes and external pump setup is a much better system to run and i would recommend it on anything 650rwhp and up.
also keep in mind my pointers go all out the window as none of this matters on a "show car"
i build cars to race so must of my advice is directed at just that.

thank you very nice car you have there (with a big single fmic and not the procharger twin intercooler LOL)
here is one of my latest build threads
Scorch BUILD v2.0 - Corvette Forum

#1 i believe you originally said it wont hold period, now your basically stating what i posted
#2 I know max and his father well over at cartek and under stand how the flip drive works. Its not needed on a D car running fairly low boost esp on top of an ecs 8 rib with a richard ultra grip pulley
#3 I have had all the 3 intercooler kits personally along with custom spearcos and water/water set ups. Again for cars up to 800 and alil over big fmic dont do anything the twins cant except block air to your radiator (esp running meth brings down iat's even more). I know this cause I logged it's & iat's on both. Again for road race cars that are making moderate power (650-750) splits are the best choice to keep the cars cooler. & yes i am running a huge spearco front mount, I also am running an f1r @ 24lbs & making over 1k on pump and close to 1100rwhp on race. So under my extreme circumstances i do need a big front mount
#4 I just think alot of people put fuel systems in cars that are wayy over kill. If Joe ups the boost yes the current fuel system will fall short. As it stands right now thou at his current power level the car is actually running alittle rich

Not trying to turn this into a pissing match either. . . Joes car is gonna be a sick show car when its done that could go to the track and rip some 10second passes and rattle your fillings with an insane audio system

97 Red Devil

Established Member
TurboWs6: cool car . . the only tire that semi hooks for me is the 345/35/18 mt radial. Maybe check it out

HouseOfPower

Adding a UPP 900+ hp fuel system thanks to a deal a good buddy is giving me and upping the boost. Aiming for 800 on a complete daily drivable car

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
Don't like the hood? Fine.

Disrespect the hood. Do not disrespect the OP.

this. and what most haters dont get, is that Joe is a great guy, a true friend and honestly? would whoop most dudes asses in here. haha

just saying.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
and dear God Joe this is going to be sick. maybe i will sell my cobra and take out a much too large loan for this once done. haha

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
Damn, that's my old car. She made 706rwhp down here, guess she likes the East Coast about 6hp better!

Last edited:

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Sweet build op. Subbin. can't wait to see the finished product! :beer:
I am glad your changing the color to something that screams "attention" besides black..

Some people are so lame on here. This is a show/shop car for his business to showcase there work. Its supposed to be different and not the norm. Especially its appearance. Its supposed to draw attention. A stock appearing black on black corvette is not exactly attention drawing. Unless your a performances based company only.

Take 2 Corvette's with identical 800hp drive-trains. One stock black on black and the other other that has show quality attention screaming paint and guess which one will draw more peoples attention...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread