Build thread, white 2013 5.0

Rct851

Established Member
Why won't ford offer a dark, black rim for these cars? I mean for all colors but particularly the white. The one thing keeping me from looking at a white 5.0 is that It's just understand I have to buy wheels and tires

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Why won't ford offer a dark, black rim for these cars? I mean for all colors but particularly the white. The one thing keeping me from looking at a white 5.0 is that It's just understand I have to buy wheels and tires

Why can't ford design a decent looking wheel besides the Brembo wheels and premium flat spoke silver 19s.

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member

My PW GT/CS has black factory rims. I wish they were as wide as the brembo so I don't have to get rid of them.

Sublime302

teamROVOS
Established Member
Me and my friend both have stock shorties o/r x and pypes muffler deletes. He got his resonators deleted and with his ghost cam tune it is definitely noticeably louder and deeper. It sounds a little less raspy at wot. I'm going to get mine done soon.
Yeah i was thinking of doing that, but if im going to tune it and all, im going all out with longtubes lol

I MUST tune it when i do any cat mods right?

i know, i hate stock wheels, other than the leguna seca wheels and shelby wheels. all ford wheels suck.

Car is looking awesome man! Nice work
Thanks man! im trying to make it unique!

nice man, i love white and black, this wouldve been my choice if i didnt get dib
Thanks a lot. i LOVE dib. that would have been my second choice.

nice car man
Thanks!!
Why can't ford design a decent looking wheel besides the Brembo wheels and premium flat spoke silver 19s.
Yeah true. i still plan to get 20" f14's in brushed titanium, one day...

My PW GT/CS has black factory rims. I wish they were as wide as the brembo so I don't have to get rid of them.
Yeah, sell them and buy new ones! i sold my shitty stocks for 500$

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member

Same here, i have a local speed shop that is going to send a duplicate set out for me to make skinnies up fro t and widen the rears.

twistedneck

Established Member
holy negative camber in that last pic! Get that thing aligned lol.

What panhard bar did you go with? Did you do LCA relo brackets? Keep the stock strut mounts? I keep hearing conflicting info on whether or not the strut mounts actually need changed on these cars when they are lowered or if that was more of an 05-09 issue with them "popping" if re-using them after lowering. I know you need them if you use 05-10 struts on an 11+ but wasnt sure about other potential issues...

love the car, black wheels look very good now that the fad has expired and most people are back to shinny wheels again its cool to have flat black. also the light color needs a dark wheel imo.

It looks like its dropped quite a bit more than the avg. sport springs 1.5" rear - 1.0" front and with the stock mounts he's got probably about 2.5 degrees negative. no biggy if you drive it like a maniac and go to the track every week. else its going to put strange wear patterns on the inside of the front tires. its not just wear, it will also do the hi-lo tread thing and start making noise. still not a huge deal.

the 11-13 mounts are fine, I rebuilt mine and they work great. they are not as smooth as the steeda hd mounts I had on there, but they work. a nice sealed ball bearing set from steeda or especially the vorshlag mounts would not only look great under the hood but make the steering smoother with the double bearings. zero memory steer.

Sublime302

teamROVOS
Established Member
Nice car bro!! I think u should do the RTR license filler next ;)
I was thinking about it. but i dont know what i think about that lol

love the car, black wheels look very good now that the fad has expired and most people are back to shinny wheels again its cool to have flat black. also the light color needs a dark wheel imo.

It looks like its dropped quite a bit more than the avg. sport springs 1.5" rear - 1.0" front and with the stock mounts he's got probably about 2.5 degrees negative. no biggy if you drive it like a maniac and go to the track every week. else its going to put strange wear patterns on the inside of the front tires. its not just wear, it will also do the hi-lo tread thing and start making noise. still not a huge deal.

the 11-13 mounts are fine, I rebuilt mine and they work great. they are not as smooth as the steeda hd mounts I had on there, but they work. a nice sealed ball bearing set from steeda or especially the vorshlag mounts would not only look great under the hood but make the steering smoother with the double bearings. zero memory steer.
I have had dark wheels, i want a nice light wheel now. If i dont like the silver, i can always peel it off lol. The car is aligned, so its not leaning or have negative camber. tires ear evenly.

Sublime302

teamROVOS
Established Member
Update!

Quad tips and RTR decklid

B17198F9-1051-4011-843E-737FF91A2B58-566-000000395B0169BE.jpg

8A3A3574-A45F-4828-8C9C-487452C0B73C-566-000000395979767A.jpg

Boss grille emblem wrapped in carbon fiber
5745248C-3480-4C43-AE9B-73886F12A135-5430-000002043672FA6D.jpg

3dcarbon gt500 prepainted wing from stangmods
null-8.jpg

Brembos!
null-10.jpg

RTR side splitters
null-18.jpg

Plastidip on rtr decklid
null-22.jpg

Charcoal amr 18x10's with plastidip and metalizer plastip on top
null-45.jpg

Forgestar F14's Brushed titanium 20x9/5 all around
null-59.jpg

null-69.jpg

null-87.jpg

null-88.jpg

null-105.jpg

Stock decklid painted with plastidip and custom white on the gt
null-91.jpg

null-92.jpg

custom plastip interior
null-95.jpg

Strut brace, coil covers both painted white

null-96.jpg

Sto N show license bracket. comes on and off easily!
null-99.jpg

Carbon fiber license surround, better than the rippled stock one!
null-104.jpg

c8395bbdc08abee2a767f631c442899f.jpg

null-107.jpg

null-108.jpg

null-110.jpg

null-111.jpg

null-113.jpg

null-112.jpg

null-114.jpg

null-115.jpg

null-117.gif

null-118.gif

New Steeda cold air
null-119.jpg

Last edited:

0560FX4COBRA

Established Member
Sweet ride. :rockon: Nice choice on rims. You know if i didn't find my cobra I was going to get a white gt/cs. Let me know next time you are going to Kemah.
20130518_113524.jpg

Last edited:

9secWS6

Established Member
Looks great! I love the white, I was on the fence between grabber blue or white. If the right white one woulda been sittin there I'd own it now!

kingnut

Established Member
damn dude what a transformation. i ordered the RTR deck lid because i saw it on your car first.

Users who are viewing this thread