Build Thread

slow_08gt500

Established Member
Hey how big is that trailer you are running OP?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Really? So it's top secret?
Pretty lame man to be honest, that's really basic info on a rather simple turbo header.
I've always been one to share info with other hobbyists, I don't see a need to act like its trademarked info. but carry on.
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Really? So it's top secret?
Pretty lame man to be honest, that's really basic info on a rather simple turbo header.
I've always been one to share info with other hobbyists, I don't see a need to act like its trademarked info. but carry on.
-J

100%.

People on this forum follow these builds for info to guide them in their own build decisions.

Why post a build thread if its a secret?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
With the money that I’ve already put out, and what I will continue to put out, to be competitive in what I want to do - yes. The money that this car will have in it when completed could damn near buy my house. If it was easy, everyone would do it. You won’t get info or specs out of anyone worth getting it from without laying out the cash. Sorry if it seems lame but it’s the same in any form of racing. I feel like I’m being pretty generous with the community just sharing what I already have and may continue to.

You're probably preaching to the choir with @biminiLX.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep, I've never built a custom turbo motor.
Tell Reed at Werk I said hello. I'd ask what turbo you choose but I'm sure that's restricted too.
I know where to go if I really need the 'top secret' specs.
When I build my turbo Coyote this winter I'll gladly share all the info while I do it, just as I have in all other builds.
Good luck.
-J

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Yep, I've never built a custom turbo motor.
Tell Reed at Werk I said hello. I'd ask what turbo you choose but I'm sure that's restricted too.
I know where to go if I really need the 'top secret' specs.
When I build my turbo Coyote this winter I'll gladly share all the info while I do it, just as I have in all other builds.
Good luck.
-J

Based on my conversation with Reed a couple weeks ago, this specific sort of thing is pretty top secret and the product comes at a great cost. It’s not a line item in any catalog, it’s a bespoke one off deal blueprinted and milled once thousands of dollars change hands. Sorry if I offended you. All info in this thread has been deleted and nothing further will be posted. Good luck with your Coyote build, I’m sure it will be great. Some really smart people have left this forum for less, and at this point I can’t say I blame them.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow man, I don't think you needed to delete all your pics and info, as I said originally, it's a sweet build and good luck.
It sounds like since you started the project you changed course and wanted to go class racing with class restrictions?
If so, I can see how some things are proprietary, but turbo header specs really aren't that special.
If inclined, anyone could order the same turbo from Reed and turbo kit from CG.
I just ordered a billet 85mm for my brother's car and I have an S500Sx4 that is serial #4 from Reed he will customizing for my Coyote. So again, I get where you may keep some things secret, but in the end it's really not a secret and in my opinion a site like this is to help and share with other enthusiasts.
Last, the numbers on your header pipe probably could be deciphered if I really cared, but I really dig turbo builds and I was looking for a discussion with you and would have shared some things I've learned too if needed.
I'm sorry if this caused you to take down your build thread, not my intention.
-J

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Completely different league from ordering an OTS Borg turbo with an aftermarket wheel and housing or clicking “add to cart” on some headers. Not even close. Put in the cash and time and effort that it takes to make a race car and you will understand why you never see any such thing posted here or anywhere. I sure do now.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I've ordered a custom billet turbo from Reed and have had a custom turbo kit built from Team Z motorsports, so it's not like I don't get it.
Really not sure what your point is?
You must be the only guy here who has "put up the money to build a race car".
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Bahahaha. Ok.

He picks up his toys and goes home.

Amazing!

Truth is, you aren't building a 3000hp car and unless you even get close to sniffing that number you are full of smoke and mirrors.

Those headers are pretty much spec off of his website other than the larger 2" primaries and what looks like 3.5 or 4" collector. BFD.

"race car" guy.

Wow!

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
It’s clear that you don’t get it.

On this forum, to this level - yes, I am. I could buy two of your 2013 GT500’s for what I have into a chassis and a sum of parts that could almost be used to assemble a complete longblock. Like I said, I now see why you never see this sort of thing on the internet.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Bahahaha. Ok.

He picks up his toys and goes home.

Amazing!

Truth is, you aren't building a 3000hp car and unless you even get close to sniffing that number you are full of smoke and mirrors.

Those headers are pretty much spec off of his website other than the larger 2" primaries and what looks like 3.5 or 4" collector. BFD.

"race car" guy.

Wow!

Typical keyboard warrior

Users who are viewing this thread