build # ??

97whitesvt

Established Member
Where can i go to find out the build number and date of my car?? any info would be very helpfull!!
Thanks

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by 97whitesvt
Where can i go to find out the build number and date of my car?? any info would be very helpfull!!
Thanks
simple call svt and fax them your reg or title and they will send you the cert in the mail, all the info will be in there for you. it takes about a week:beer:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
There is a build sheet that was supposedly placed in the car at the assembly line also. Most of the time the build sheet has been in the front bumper, between the bumper cover and the styrofoam support.

BB explained the easiest way to get one by far though. I was just too impatient on my 96 & 97. Plus it was another little neat item to have, the original build sheet. BB's way will actually get you an SVT certificate along with all the build information.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE
There is a build sheet that was supposedly placed in the car at the assembly line also. Most of the time the build sheet has been in the front bumper, between the bumper cover and the styrofoam support.

BB explained the easiest way to get one by far though. I was just too impatient on my 96 & 97. Plus it was another little neat item to have, the original build sheet. BB's way will actually get you an SVT certificate along with all the build information.
is there another place on the car it could be the car has never seen a wreck so is the bumper it or somewhere else:shrug:

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
It will probably take more than a week to get. Mine took about two months.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
97whitesvt

Use these numbers to get your Build Number.
Make the call first, then the FAX, and then I'd follow-up with another call to make sure they got the FAX. Just my opinion.

FAX into SVT a copy of your Registration card that shows your VIN and mailing address. FAX# (313) 621-2500 and follow up with a phone call (800) 367-3788 into them in about three to four weeks time frame.

Last edited:

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Yep, like all these guys have said, call SVT. If you give them your VIN they will be able to tell you your build number and build date over the phone, you'll have to send in the stuff to get the build certificate in the mail, mine took about 4-6 weeks. Good luck, let us know when you get it.

FST FORD

Established Member
took me about 1 min i called 1800 ford svt and gave the last 6 digits of the vin to the guy who picked up he gave me the info immediately and that was that :)

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Of course, you have to follow-up with a FAX, in order to get the Certificate from Ford. Looks nice in a frame.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Originally posted by Dano
I wonder if my '95 has a Build Sheet under one of the bumpers?

I've checked my bumpers thuroughly and haven't found one. If there was one under there, then I'm sure it's just a few pieces of scrap paper.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by Wildpony
I found my build sheet up under the rear bumper .

I've heard a few different places. The ones from my 96 & 97 were under the front bumper. I've seen a few now that have found theirs behind the rear bumper cover. Guess it depends on what kind of mood the guys were in huh. ;-)

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I was looking under my front bumper cover for a "build sheet," and noticed that the cover is unpainted - it's that neutral tan color. Does this mean that maybe the bumper cover has been replaced, or do they just paint the outside?

PETSNKE

Established Member
Originally posted by Dano
I was looking under my front bumper cover for a "build sheet," and noticed that the cover is unpainted - it's that neutral tan color. Does this mean that maybe the bumper cover has been replaced, or do they just paint the outside?

The back side of the bumper cover is not painted.

BTW, I looked all over my '97 and never found the build sheet:(

Users who are viewing this thread