Building a foundation?

CrawCobra97

Established Member
So for a while now I've been trying to decide what I want to do with my cobra, I have been really thinking about doing a 2.1 KB but the more I think if this where one of you more experienced fellas on here would you recommend building the motor first as in forging the internals, Camming, ect, ect,or should I just go with a KB and be done, and if I want more power later, then forge it and everything else

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
If u stay stock expect 8 -10psi max about 375 rwhp with methanol if you forge expect 14-15 psi about 450-475 butttt read my post about the kenne bell inlet it's a restriction for the 1.5 and even worse for the 2.1 the inlet flows 500 cfm the 1.5 compressor flows 700 and the 2.1 is 900 so if u want to make power with the know u have to modify the inlet to stop the restriction its not hard to do tho especially if it's off the car I'm hoping for 500 rwhp with the 1.5 with the 2.5 upper stock lower

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
An unintercooled century will make the same as a non ic kb but the kb will feel way different compared to centri especially in a straight line

CrawCobra97

Established Member
Well my thoughts are, if I forged the internals, raise the compression ratio, cams, port the b heads, go with a Sri, and what not would I not be at around the same power with a KB at 7 psi or so, and also ready for something a lot more after..

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I'm going to spray a 75 shot thru the blower to cool it even more and make it a 100+ increase hoping to be the first 96-98 kenne bell over 600 to the tire

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Try n find a used 96-98 kb kit they go for cheap especially 1.5 n1.7 a full rebuild is only 600 bucks and I have proved the 1.5 is plenty enough for 450-500 rwhp 10-12 psi

ZeroDCX

Established Member
An unintercooled century will make the same as a non ic kb but the kb will feel way different compared to centri especially in a straight line

A non-intercooled centri will make more peak power than the b-headed non-intercooled KB with less psi. But the KB will make more overall power throughout the powerband, due to instant boost vs building boost with rpm. The centrifugal supercharger's discharge temps are much lower than that of the non-intercooled KB which allows for more timing to be added. At 8-10psi, a non-intercooled centri on a b-head cobra will produce north of 400 rwhp depending on timing, rpm and other tuning factors (without spraying meth). Everyone has their preferences, but if you're really looking to stay with a positive displacement blower then C-heads are your best option. Then you would be able to actually use an intercooler/aftercooler with the PD blower, not to mention the superfluous amount of options you would have for forced induction.

CrawCobra97

Established Member
So what you would really suggest is building the motor, with c heads and give it forged internals, then look into giving it forced induction

CrawCobra97

Established Member
To start with in only looking for 400rwhp, then I want to try to give the car a diet, to about 3000lbs. But I wouldent be opposed of doing and all motor build, just not sure if I'm mechanically inclined enough to do so.. I'm 21 and do most work out if my garage, I have replaced head gaskets, clutch, just haven't done a lot bottom end work myself

Users who are viewing this thread