building new motor... can I use a 3V block?

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I am in the process of finding a block for my new rebuild. A local guy says he has a 5.4 that came out of an Econoline van. I haven't laid eyes on it yet, but from the info he gave me I suspect it to be a 3V motor.

If I recall, I can use this block in a Lightning right? Will my front cover bolt on?

thanks!

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
sweet... makes this whole thing even easier.

Plus if I'm not mistaken, Econolines also came with the same log-type oil cooler as our L's... so I'd be getting a spare oil cooler out of it. It's a complete engine, so I'll even have an extra set of PI heads to hoard up lol

DrTriton

Established Member
sweet... makes this whole thing even easier.

Plus if I'm not mistaken, Econolines also came with the same log-type oil cooler as our L's... so I'd be getting a spare oil cooler out of it. It's a complete engine, so I'll even have an extra set of PI heads to hoard up lol

It's been a while...but if my memory serves me correct, the logs are different between L and Econo. You should be able to swap the actual coolers though.

SVT Phillip

BAD-MPG
Established Member
I have a fully assembled 03 lightning short block I would sale but u would have to come pick it up lol.. Located In KY

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I have a fully assembled 03 lightning short block I would sale but u would have to come pick it up lol.. Located In KY

PM me a price on it and exactly where in KY you are located.

I'm really looking for just a bare block; I have a forged bottom end that just sent #1 piston "kapewee" and damaged the bore, so I really just need a block and a new Diamond piston.

BUT if the price is right I'll listen. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread