Built 04 Cobra vs T/A

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
Took My cobra for a spin. Built Teksid, Solid axle, ported blower and nitrous. Had the bottle empty for these runs which dyno'd 525rwhp blower only.

T/A mods unknown

Raw vids but you get the point. :beer:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMdynrUMCOg"]YouTube- cobra vs trans am ws6[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdwa3SiXYHM"]YouTube- driving around in ace 04 super charged cobra #1[/nomedia]

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
I had an 07 Z06 that I sold and kept the faster car :)

Those Rims were sold here actually. Those were Bogarts and designed for the IRS. Now it has a solid axle with Mikeys.

Solid+Teksid+k member=3460lbs=lots of fun!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I had an 07 Z06 that I sold and kept the faster car :)

Those Rims were sold here actually. Those were Bogarts and designed for the IRS. Now it has a solid axle with Mikeys.

Solid+Teksid+k member=3460lbs=lots of fun!

I remember that you sold the Z06, but I thought that you had a KB 2.6 TS on the car and made close to 700hp with your vert.

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
Sup bro! :beer:
I had a KB 2.8H but sold it... the high boost wasnt too friendly for the streets and 100oct was killing me lol. Now I can drive it anywhere, 91oct and some spray when needed ;) My goal is to get a 2.3 Whipple and keep the N2O for the track :-D

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
haha hey I said it was a "raw" video...

Waiting to the weather to cool down in Vegas to go test it.

The best advantage now is the weight reduction... for a vert thats like 3900lbs stock to 3600lbs makes a huge difference; plus no more wheel hop with the solid. Got to the 2 step added it in my tune to 5k so we'll see...

Freakingstang

Established Member
haha hey I said it was a "raw" video...

Waiting to the weather to cool down in Vegas to go test it.

The best advantage now is the weight reduction... for a vert thats like 3900lbs stock to 3600lbs makes a huge difference; plus no more wheel hop with the solid. Got to the 2 step added it in my tune to 5k so we'll see...

I'm rebuilding my IRS now with the delrin and aluminum bushings. I have not launched my car above 1500 rpm yet. My car also weighs 4060 with me (155lbs) and a half of tank of fuel. I'm happy with the 11.80's it has gone in 400' air, but like I said I haven't launched it at anything higher than just above idle. I can't wait to launch mine at 5K on good ET streets and good air.

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
I had a built IRS, bushings,MM grip box, level 5s, IRS brackets, diff cover, etc it will occasionally still hop plus its sooo heaavy. I would recommend the solid swap for hard launches at anytime.

11.80s its great specially for a vert. When I had the ported blower and IRS with the stock block the car was trapping around 119mph but thats with 4000 Vegas DA lol

Users who are viewing this thread