Built 2.3 Whipple 2000 OW Lightning in OH

ruppster

Established Member
SOLD

First I'll say I've been a lurker here, but active on Lightningrodder, same username.

2000 Lightning Built motor, transmission, & 2.3 Whipple. I've cleaned and painted the underside of the body and frame with POR15 and black rustoleum. Never driven in the rain since, you can pretty much eat off the bottom side. WMS assembled long block,TEA Stage 2 heads, Bullet Stage 2 cams. Circle D Transmission & 2800 rpm converter. Truck is nice and runs very strong. Basic mods are: built motor (9:1, Manley H beams, pistons, ARP head studs), Dynatech headers, catless mids, silver bullet exhaust, 60 lb injectors, dual 255s, 97 rails and adjustable regulator with pumps jumped to be on 100%, SVO single blade TB, Metco idlers, plastic Trick IC tank, 10 row IC, I ported the intake when it was down, Super Duty tranny cooler. Lots of other small stuff as well, it was built right. 2.3 Whipple at about 12-13psi (3.375" upper, 6lb lower). Broncobeater long bars & drive shaft loop, lowering control arms, shackles & hangers.
Interior has triple pillar pod with oil pressure, fuel pressure, AEM wideband, column has a boost gauge, Aeroforce gauge in DS vent. J&S safeguard box is in the glove box, gauge is in the passenger side vent. Seats are good. There are Wet Okeles over them (black with grey inserts).
Exterior has Depo heads, corners and 99 tails. Solid back glass. There is a scratch on the bumper cover that's been touched up a few small scratches on the rear, and a small, light ding by the DS door handle. Wheels are PC'ed dark grey, there are 4 stock colored ones and decent Hanooks in my shed. Tires are new NT05s front, new NT05 Drags rear. Everything on this truck is new but the rear end.
Hitch and spare tire in shed as well. Will come with ported Steig blower and midplate & any other stock parts I find.
Truck has 90K on the odo, 2000ish on the motor. Currently on a tune from JJ. Drives flawlessly.
Currently working through a fuel pressure issue, looks like a weak pump. I'll just replace both 255s most likely.
It's wet outside so I don't have any current outside pics, but can get them if desired.
Located in Marietta, OH. Title is in hand, I'm the 4th owner. Happy to answer any questions. $16,000. Nothing wrong with it, just built it & now not really interested in it. Has pretty much all the desirable mods except for an Expy console. You know it's a great deal for someone to turn up the wick & go fast.
Not looking for any trades at this time.

05032012062.jpg

101_0331.JPG

Gauges.jpg

101_0279.JPG

101_0263.JPG

101_03221.JPG

More pics below.

Last edited:

Stein03Cobra

Established Member
Might be relocating for work soon and new position I lose the company truck I have...def interested to match my cobra...any lower on the price yet?

ruppster

Established Member
Got it buttoned up & on the ground. Ran it outside for a few pics.

101_0380.JPG

101_0381.JPG

101_0386.JPG

101_0384.JPG

101_0377.JPG

Walkaround video 101 0391 - YouTube

It sounds a little odd on my laptop, but you get the idea that there are no engine issues. It's about 30 Deg F when this was done.

Last edited:

ruppster

Established Member
More pics:

101_0388.JPG

101_0389.JPG

101_0393.JPG

Here are the two small flaws. One a scratch on the bumper cover, the other is a small chip on the drivers rear arch. I touched both up & you have to look for them.

101_0382.JPG

101_0383.JPG

SVT Zorro

Established Member
Does not hurt to ask..Interested on a trade for a 94 Cobra fully built 331 forged supercharger V2 Vortech supercharger intercooled & 6 speed , aluminum RHS heads and blower camsrs , strange axle 31 spline.4:10 gears, trick flow apper & lower, and much more, too much money invested...........

ruppster

Established Member
Does not hurt to ask..Interested on a trade for a 94 Cobra fully built 331 forged supercharger V2 Vortech supercharger intercooled & 6 speed , aluminum RHS heads and blower camsrs , strange axle 31 spline.4:10 gears, trick flow apper & lower, and much more, too much money invested...........

Sounds like a really nice car, but currently not interested in trades. Thanks.

ruppster

Established Member
Never on a dyno. It's a good driving email tune. Its been through several revisions and datalog sessions. I have not pursued a "race" tune.

Users who are viewing this thread