Built 4r100 and NEW PI converter

Brickrocket

Established Member
Decided to go to a TH400 setup so.....

I have the original 35k mile 4R100 out of my truck that I had built locally a few years back. Transmission has appoximately 5k miles and 20 or so passes on rebuild. Was assembled using Raybestos red clutches and Means steels with extra clutches/steels in the direct and intermediate drive gears. The planitary was upgraded to a 6 pinion unit and the "line valve mod" was installed. It also has an LFP valve body installed. It was working flawlessly when I pulled it out of the truck in November 2006. I hurt a piston/sleeve and while I had it apart, I decided to go turbo.

About a year ago, I sold my old converter and picked up a unit from Precision Industries. I put a quart of fluid in it and bolted it in the truck but it has never been behind a running motor. It's thier "Stallion" 10.5" lock-up, multi disc 3 plate converter set up for a turbo in a near full weight truck. Stall set at 3400 rpm so it's perfect for high horsepower, street/strip turbo applications.

Trans: $2100.00
Converter: $800.00

Buyer pays shipping.

I will probably have another built 4r100 for sale soon also. I know the truck it came out of but I want to have it checked out by a trans guy before I post it for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread