built 5.0 vs. built 01 cobra-

redstang

One of my friends supposedly just bought an 01 cobra. he says he is spending all this money to mod it and i told i'm i'll show him my tails in the spring. my question is, how much power will he need to have to overtake me? after my cam, pulley change and ported intake i should see somewhere between 525-550+rwhp. my race weight is 3050 lbs w/ driver. what would he need to show me his tails?

JAYMONEY

Established Member
fastwhite86gt said:
One of my friends supposedly just bought an 01 cobra. he says he is spending all this money to mod it and i told i'm i'll show him my tails in the spring. my question is, how much power will he need to have to overtake me? after my cam, pulley change and ported intake i should see somewhere between 525-550+rwhp. my race weight is 3050 lbs w/ driver. what would he need to show me his tails?

I hope he plans on spending alot of money on that Cobra. I'm not sure what it's gonna take for him to beat you, but it's gonna cost some bucks. I wouldn't be to worried if I were you. Unless money is no object to your friend.

redstang

he claims he spent like 15k on it, but he JUST bought it. this kid tells alot of fairy tales too. but i dont know what to believe. i told him hes gonna need a minumun twin turbo. he talks so much shit, i just want to throw him off a bridge sometime :kaboom: but showing him my tails in a race would be enough :thumbsup:

byeofcr

Established Member
anywhere from 526-551 hp :thumbsup:

i dont know really, but id imagine alot considering your lighter and all. And how much money he spends.

JAYMONEY

Established Member
I hate shit-talkers. They always think that their car is faster than anyone else's. I think you'll smoke him.

redstang

yeah. hes one of those kids that thinks he is always right about everything that comes out of his mouth and is better than you in every way and everything he has is better than what you have. He told me 'v8s just arent cool anymore' and went out and bought a jetta. now he goes and guys an 01 cobra! fcking tool. :bash: :fm:

Fiveoh93Snake

Snake Bitten!
Established Member
fastwhite86gt said:
yeah. hes one of those kids that thinks he is always right about everything that comes out of his mouth and is better than you in every way and everything he has is better than what you have. He told me 'v8s just arent cool anymore' and went out and bought a jetta. now he goes and guys an 01 cobra! fcking tool. :bash: :fm:

Man I hear ya dude; I knew a couple guys back home (Texas-Galveston area) that were exactly like that. But even if he does mod the sheot outa that Cobra your still gonna have the weight advantage by a pretty sizeable amount. Only thing is your still gonna have to put that power down. 525-550HP can be beat by 450HP if its hookin really good. So don't f*** around; make sure you've got the traction to support that power. Goodluck dude; by all rights u shouldn't have much of a problem unless he brings a ton o boost or boost an juiced.

Users who are viewing this thread