Built 76GTS Numbers

Jarrett H

Established Member
Had the truck tuned this evening by Kurgan Motorsports. I wanted to max out the boost on 93 pump, but the boost was spiking 2psi before it would level off. After dealing with a low fuel pressure issue, we got some good numbers at 15psi.

The engine is built and has patriot stage 2 heads and crower custom grind turbo cams.

610.27RWHP and 635.65RWTQ on 93 pump at 15psi.

3057474673_b3c3f2c020_b.jpg

Thanks to Bob for tuning the truck twice and laying on his back underneath my truck.

Last edited:

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Wow why is the turbo sounding so much better than the 3.4 whipple when I go built:-D

Those are some Bad ass numbers on Pump gas.

Jarrett H

Established Member
I am going to change a few things to make it more efficient and hopefully make more power. Shooting for 18-19psi on 93 and hopefully make between 650-700rwhp.

busakiller

Established Member
15degrees... tried up to 17 and actually lost power...

do you have easy access to any kind of hot gas? turbo motors love timing as long as it doesnt exceed 25* and provided you have the proper fuel. it couldve lost power due to the low boost level too. i thought the efficiency of those turbos were 18-20+ psi....

Jarrett H

Established Member
Its a Precision 76gts with a .96 A/R . It might have made more power at the spike, but I'm pretty sure Bob retarded the timing to 13 degrees in that area. I think we are reaching the limits of the stock fuel rails as well. The FPR wasn't working very well either. I know that these cams were grind to make power waaaay up top. It was still making power at 6k, so I guess we'll whats possible when I fix a few things.

Last edited:

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
do you have easy access to any kind of hot gas? turbo motors love timing as long as it doesnt exceed 25* and provided you have the proper fuel. it couldve lost power due to the low boost level too. i thought the efficiency of those turbos were 18-20+ psi....

not all motors are created equal.. ive tuned a number of turbo cars from 600rwhp to 1800rwhp.. his truck liked the timing that it has.. it started to ping a little if we went above 17deg.

Jarrett H

Established Member
I have confidence in Bob's tuning ability. One of the last runs we did, he tried adding timing and it didn't run as well. There are a list of things that need to be taken care of on the truck, but I'm positive Bob will suck every ounce of power out of it at a safe level.

WOT performance is great, but the driveability of the truck is amazing now. On my 1:45 minuted drive home, I managed to get 18mpg

Users who are viewing this thread