Built AODE/PI convertor and more

CobraSVT657

Established Member
Built AODE/4R70W with PA trans brake

Fresh AODE/4R70W. It was on my cobra for a few years. I just went trough it to inspect and freshen it up.. this is setup for MOD motor only.

fresh seals/kevlar clutches
transbrake
PA Reverse manual valvebody
new solenoid
PA Flex plate
B&M shifter
Deep aluminum pan
-6 cooler fittings
$1,500.00

ALL prices do NOT include shipping. Located near Tampa, FL

Email to [email protected] or text 419-350-4616

Last edited:

CobraSVT657

Established Member
PICS...

trans.jpg

conv.jpg

shifter.jpg

vb.jpg

Batwood

Established Member
So I bought this... and shortly after I sent the money, I couldn't get a hold of this guy. I asked, but never did get a wiring diagram for the brake/OD/lock up. Ended up pulling the pan off and tracing wires. Not a big deal.
Installed the trans, only to find it leaked tranny fluid out of the pump housing like crazy. Pulled it back out to find some stripped bolts and a couple cross threaded bolts holding the pump in... somebody had coated the threads with RTV on those bolts only, none of the rest. So they knew there was a problem.
Got the bolts fixed and drove the car... no third gear under any moderate load. Now I'm looking at a rebuild, unless I miraculously find a problem inside the valve body. 1-2 or 2-1 shift is fast and firm. 2-3 or 3-2 is slow and slipping under no load. Under any throttle, there is no 2-3 shift at all.
The least you could do is text me back.

Batwood

Established Member
a good AODE is NOT $1500 i feel for ya
but ya got what u paid for
sorry to be so blunt

I found 3 or 4 in this range, but nobody wanted to ship.
I know it was cheap, but at least tell a guy when its fubar!
I was going to send it out to get checked, but the case was all nice and painted up and he said it was a 0 mile rebuild. Lol, I knew better, but I guess I'm an idiot. I'd be slightly less angry if I didn't JUST pull it and fix the bolts the other night after work. Good practice at least.

Users who are viewing this thread