Built F Body Camaro vs. Pullied 03 Cobra

SVT-chris

Established Member
Good kill. Sounds like those guys were cool.

If you beat him by that much in such a short race then that car was not "built" lol

I never got a chance to talk with them so I have no clue what they were running except for the open headers. My car puts down ~475 wheel as it sits and has been 11.7's at the track, and they put up a pretty good fight, so I would assume they had atleast some motor work or a healthy shot of spray on there.

good job Chris!

Thanks Matt! I had to get back at "the man" after you beat my GTO lol

Although I did get smoked one time by a Duramax back when I had my Powerstroke truck.. those things are fast

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I never got a chance to talk with them so I have no clue what they were running except for the open headers. My car puts down ~475 wheel as it sits and has been 11.7's at the track, and they put up a pretty good fight, so I would assume they had atleast some motor work or a healthy shot of spray on there.

What do you trap? A bolt on car can run bottom 12s at trap 115ish (extreme end).. Nice Kill. :beer:

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
Nice kill... I just helped my buddy put LS6 Heads and Cam on his Camaro and he has been trying to get me to line up with him ever since. I would love to put him down by a few cars!!

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I doubt very seriously he had a 'healthy dose' of spray on his car or you would not have been pulling 3 to 4 car lengths on him!!

RealQuick

Established Member
Nice kill! When I get my car back on the road this summer we should hook up. It will be nice to cruise with some decently powered vehicles.

SVT-chris

Established Member
I doubt very seriously he had a 'healthy dose' of spray on his car or you would not have been pulling 3 to 4 car lengths on him!!

No definite answer to that yet, hopefully I will see him at the next car show. I will however say that he definitely had some sort of engine work done to that car, also keep in mind that I am an ex LS2 GTO owner.

Nice kill! When I get my car back on the road this summer we should hook up. It will be nice to cruise with some decently powered vehicles.

Definitely man, bring it down to Bass Pro once you get it up and running! :banana:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Nice race and kill. But if it had heads and a cam (most likely intake too) it would have been a lot tougher race. Those things can scream with those parts.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
sound like a small heads cam setup which would put the fbody @ around 380-450rwhp not every heads cam ls1 makes 450+rwhp lol, I have seen tons of cam only fbodys make 350-400rwhp and some guys put down around 400-425rwhp with a heads cam setup,I met a guy with heads cam bolt ons on a 2001 ls1 patriot heads and a small cam and he only put down 380rwhp he had slp lid, mid pipe and catback with patriot heads and small cam, not everyone does long tubes and a fast intake so small heads cam with just intake exaust some guys dont crack even 400rwhp.

People think all cars are = common misconception, just like not all pulley intake only 03+ cobras make 450+rwhp, I have seen tons only make like 410-440rwhp, and some make 450-470rwhp.

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member
sound like a small heads cam setup which would put the fbody @ around 380-450rwhp not every heads cam ls1 makes 450+rwhp lol, I have seen tons of cam only fbodys make 350-400rwhp and some guys put down around 400-425rwhp with a heads cam setup,I met a guy with heads cam bolt ons on a 2001 ls1 patriot heads and a small cam and he only put down 380rwhp he had slp lid, mid pipe and catback with patriot heads and small cam, not everyone does long tubes and a fast intake so small heads cam with just intake exaust some guys dont crack even 400rwhp.

People think all cars are = common misconception, just like not all pulley intake only 03+ cobras make 450+rwhp, I have seen tons only make like 410-440rwhp, and some make 450-470rwhp.

FYI... Dyno numbers don't mean shit lol

Kiohtee

Established Member
I would be embarrassed to have an LS1 with full bolt-ons and even a small head/cam package making 380RWHP. I'm hoping to make at least 350RWHP through a full bolt-on/stalled auto. I definitely expect more than another 30RWHP from a head/cam setup.

rubicon04

SVT Poster
Established Member
Good kill. Sounds like those guys were cool.

If you beat him by that much in such a short race then that car was not "built" lol

x2 the car wasn't built if you beat him by 4 cars in a quick pull

Thanks Matt! I had to get back at "the man" after you beat my GTO lol

Although I did get smoked one time by a Duramax back when I had my Powerstroke truck.. those things are fast

A healthy dose of spray would have reversed the outcome, a full bolton stalled fbody is capable of high 11s. Not really sure why you assumed it was built.

I would be embarrassed to have an LS1 with full bolt-ons and even a small head/cam package making 380RWHP. I'm hoping to make at least 350RWHP through a full bolt-on/stalled auto. I definitely expect more than another 30RWHP from a head/cam setup.

x100000000000

Users who are viewing this thread