Built Ford Tough (They wern't lying!)

The Joker

Johnny Rev Customs
Established Member
did i not read the other day that the ford 5.0 was like top 10 best built motors of all time?:shrug: :read:

turbosaleen

Established Member
heh

the 5.0 litter ford probly has the highest millage potential of most late model v-8s for a a couple of very simple reasons

one they have VERY SOFT RINGS .. they hardly wear the engine block at all.

its not uncomon to take a 250 k short block apart and still see cross hatch from the factory hone.

two they have very high gearing .. and a very low rpm rev limit .. 5500 rpm and with factory gears in the back a 1200 - 1400 rpm highway cruise speed.

so the number of piston strokes made per mile up and down the bore is very low compared to most.

i have seen a stock 5.0 that was over 450 k miles and still running perfect .. < stock to the air box no less >

LincolnLSC5pnt0

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
My old Lincoln had just hit 200,000 on it, ****er ran strong with basic maintenance and of course water pumps. My current 5.0 only just recently hit 111,000. Needs a tuneup bad tho..:( I hope it hits atleast 200,000 til it sees a rebuild.

blu88notch

Established Member
195k (313km) here. The motor has never been opened aside from some new intake gaskets. Good oil pressure and it still runs like a top.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
You gotta love the 5.0. My old 94 GT had a 112,000 miles on it before I sold it and it was still running strong. The only repair I made to the car was a new alternator. :rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread